Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone Ever Purchase Property Through A Private Sale Without A Real Estate Company?

Anyone Ever Purchase Property Through A Private Sale Without A Real Estate Company?

We're looking for anyone that has experienced this type of transaction and is willing to PM there knowledge and offer any guidance.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We are purchasing currently in Gold Coast. Where are you looking to purchase? I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing using someone to help guide you through the process.

Agreed with Aruba-Mark. Purchased a house near Gold Coast thru Century 21 and appreciate their help and guidance. Good luck.
    Last edited by GETA62; 12-12-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We always stay at Gold Coast. Love it here

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We're looking for anyone that has experienced this type of transaction and is willing to PM there knowledge and offer any guidance.
    You must have a strong stomach to do this. I have purchased several properties here. Each time I used a knowledgeable agent to represent me. Even then issues arose. Under Dutch law you have limitations on your remedies, even if you are not in the wrong.

I suggest you you retain a Notary up front. Explain what you are doing and be guided by their advice. I would not just accept going with the sellers notary. Be careful. I speak from experience

j

Excellent advice John.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    You must have a strong stomach to do this. I have purchased several properties here. Each time I used a knowledgeable agent to represent me. Even then issues arose. Under Dutch law you have limitations on your remedies, even if you are not in the wrong.

I suggest you you retain a Notary up front. Explain what you are doing and be guided by their advice. I would not just accept going with the sellers notary. Be careful. I speak from experience

j
    Completely agree. Mitigate the pitfalls of purchasing real estate in Aruba, wherever possible. It's not as clear cut as in North America.

So far I've been advised to retain a notary and be assisted by a real estate agent/broker. Is it advisable to do both or one or the other?
    I did not realize that you can seek out your own notary. I thought that it was assigned. Interesting...

Thank you all for your continued advise.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    So far I've been advised to retain a notary and be assisted by a real estate agent/broker. Is it advisable to do both or one or the other?
    I did not realize that you can seek out your own notary. I thought that it was assigned. Interesting...

Thank you all for your continued advise.
    what is your situation? Are you buying in a development like Gold Coast or similar or are you buying an existing private home? This can determine how to proceed.

Even though i hired hired an agent to assist on my last purchase, it was I who dictated the particular Notary I wished to use

you may be aware that in Aruba anyone can work as a real estate agent. No course is taken or training and accreditation is required. Only the principal brokers who own the real estate company are required to be formally licensed. ( Not sure that is always the case either )

Also, it is really important to have every detail of what is to be included in the purchase down on paper. If at closing there is any dispute about an item. e.g. a fridge to be included and it is not on paper, the Notary will not push for it. They will only enforce exactly what is written down as to content and items to be included in the sale

We have decided against an existing free standing home and have narrowed our search down to a condo in the existing development of Palma Real.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    what is your situation? Are you buying in a development like Gold Coast or similar or are you buying an existing private home? This can determine how to proceed.

Even though i hired hired an agent to assist on my last purchase, it was I who dictated the particular Notary I wished to use

you may be aware that in Aruba anyone can work as a real estate agent. No course is taken or training and accreditation is required. Only the principal brokers who own the real estate company are required to be formally licensed. ( Not sure that is always the case either )

Also, it is really important to have every detail of what is to be included in the purchase down on paper. If at closing there is any dispute about an item. e.g. a fridge to be included and it is not on paper, the Notary will not push for it. They will only enforce exactly what is written down as to content and items to be included in the sale
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast