Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aruba Driver's License Exam...

Aruba Driver's License Exam...

Does anyone know if there is a study guide available for the theoretical part of the Aruba Driver's License Exam and where it can be found? I know in the states the dmv provides a booklet to study for the written exam but not sure how it works over here. And what driving skills will be tested on the physical exam (ex. parallel parking)? And where can I apply for the Aruba Driver's License exam? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Starrymoon

Aruba since 1979
    i have no idea

but these fine folks might! https://www.facebook.com/ArubaDrivingSchool/
    Quote Originally Posted by starrymoon View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a study guide available for the theoretical part of the Aruba Driver's License Exam and where it can be found? I know in the states the dmv provides a booklet to study for the written exam but not sure how it works over here. And what driving skills will be tested on the physical exam (ex. parallel parking)? And where can I apply for the Aruba Driver's License exam? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Starrymoon

Since you can drive in Aruba on an American license, why would you want to apply for an Aruba license? A friend of ours (Aruban) had to take the exam four times before he passed at the age of 21. He said it was very difficult to do.

According to my insurance agent, I'm required to get an Aruban driver's license and so is anyone else who will be driving my vehicle regularly.

Something about that doesn't sound right. What is the Agent's basis of the requirement ??

All she said was I had 3 months to get it when I purchased the insurance. I am also an Aruban resident, so I'm guessing that's the primary reason? She did mention if the other drivers were just occasional drivers (visiting/vacationing) they didn't need to acquire an Aruban license but would still have to register with her.

I do have a valid states license as well.

Aruba since 1979
    similar to here in the states.
    if the vehicle is registered and insured in FLA the owner if he/she plans on driving it, must be licensed in the state of FL

We are non residents spending 2+ Months a year in Aruba. We have an Aruba registered car which is insured with a local Insurance Company. We have never been requested or required to hold an Aruban Driving Licence by either our Insurance Companies or during the Government Vehicle Registration/Yearly Vehicle Tax process...

Just to let you know, it looks like the next available appointment for the driver's license exam is sometime next year unless you find someone to switch appointments with and the only place to take the driver's license exam is at the Police Station in Santa Cruz on route 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast