Aruba Beach

Thread: Bank Fees

Bank Fees

Hi!

Does anyone have the latest list of bank fee charges for Aruba Bank? Mainly how much is charged for using the ATM card and receiving/sending international wires or depositing/withdrawing money from your ArubaBank account at the branch? And how much is the monthly fee for checking/savings?

Thanks!

Starrymoon

Aruba since 1979
    test
    aquaman aka john was trying to post a reply to you, but for reasons unknown having difficulty posting a reply
    Quote Originally Posted by starrymoon View Post
    Hi!

Does anyone have the latest list of bank fee charges for Aruba Bank? Mainly how much is charged for using the ATM card and receiving/sending international wires or depositing/withdrawing money from your ArubaBank account at the branch? And how much is the monthly fee for checking/savings?

Thanks!

Starrymoon

Trying again. Recently bank fees were "overhauled" here. It is now more expensive to maintain a USDollars account than a Florins account. In addition to the monthly fee, ArubaBank are now charging us a deposit fee (tax) with each deposit made to the account. Be cautious and check everything, but even if you do that they change the rules and there is nothing you can do about it
    A novel set in Aruba "Journey of Betrayals" available now on Amazon or at certain bookstores in Aruba
    "The sequel "Journey to Unknown Consequences" available this November, 2017
    John the (aquaman) www.homeaway.com/3507664 or www.homeaway.com/3903317

Thank you! I'm debating whether or not to change over to Aruba Bank because they offer free ACH transactions if done through their online banking system. It's not offered with RBC as far as I can tell from their list of fees. By the way, RBC does not charge you if you deposit into your own account but will if anyone else deposits into your account.

Arubabank Fees

This morning I needed to do business at Arubabank. I was a little shocked when I got to the teller There was a small sign there announcing some significant fee increases on foreign transactions including deposits, transfers etc in US dollars. There were about 6 or 8 items listed including surcharges on travelers cheques and doubling of fees for cashing them. I will try to get a copy of the fees and post. I received no advance notice with my statements or any other notification. Seems a really sneaky way of hiking fees.

These fee hikes were effective April 1
    A novel set in Aruba "Journey of Betrayals" available now on Amazon or at certain bookstores in Aruba
    "The sequel "Journey to Unknown Consequences" available this November, 2017
    John the (aquaman) www.homeaway.com/3507664 or www.homeaway.com/3903317

Hi John! I have missed you!

We use CMB. When trying to open an account with ArubaBank we just quit. We had our letters of recommendation all ready. The person did not like the
    "to whom it may concern" so had to get another one saying "attn Arubabank" and then she said she said she wanted "Dear Arubabank". We did a lot of explaining and took a lot to get these recommendations done again but when she she wanted it to say "dear" - I thought all our heads were going to explode
    so walked across the street and got an account that day.

We have found that some US banks that used to transfer money to Aruba are not anymore. They state no reason.