Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Condo Owners Who Rent To Tourists

With regards to The Pearl our minds think alike. We hope to be there the second week of March.

Quote Originally Posted by crdavies View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and tips. I did receive info on HOA previously, it is a bit high in comparison to some of the other complexes I've considered which offer more amenities. i.e. the new Pearl near Eagle beach (which looks like it is an amazing project!) is similarly priced and offers much more. However, the lower price of the Palma Real unit may help even that out for me. I also have made the decision to only look into complexes that allow a dog, if I will be spending months or even several weeks on end there, my pup will be joining me, so that was a hard decision to make because it narrowed down to just a few complexes that fit my criteria! I will however now be asking about their 'reserve fund' and have also asked the realtor today if I can see a copy of the Bylaws (does anyone know if for some reason I would not be allowed to see those, you never know if the laws will be different in another country!)
    Any other info will be greatly appreciated!
    Crystal
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Congrats, looks like a wonderful complex, I saw construction just last September and it was coming along nicely!
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    With regards to The Pearl our minds think alike. We hope to be there the second week of March.

crdavis- welcome first of all. Secondly good luck on your purchase. One thing to think about is flying your dog back and forth. There are not many airlines who do it and they have some restrictions about when you can do it because of the heat. I am sure if you have spoken to a realtor you realize that you need to put down 40% in order to purchase. As far as the Bylaws go, I don't expect them to be in English even if they exist. Unless you can read Dutch you will need some help understanding what you are looking at. I can't stress the importance of getting a lawyer to represent you in the transaction. I would not buy or sell a property at home without a real estate attorney so its a 100% must in Aruba if you ask me.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-25-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Thank you! Yes an attorney would be a definite for us, too large of a purchase to do without one! I've been in touch with a bank on the island for quite a while now, they probably have a file a mile long on us by now (lol) so that is squared away also...the dog is all set as far as flying goes, we fly with her frequently, and to and from Aruba. The country has fairly easy regulations as far as getting her in, it's always getting her back to the states that is a bit more strict. Good call on the Bylaws, I didn't think of them being in Dutch! Thanks again- Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    crdavis- welcome first of all. Secondly good luck in your purchase. One thing to think about is flying your dog back and forth. There are not many airlines who do it and they have some restrictions about when you can do it because of the heat. I am sure if you have spoken to a realtor you realize that you need to put down 40% in order to purchase. As far as the Bylaws go, I don't expect them to be in English even if they exist. Unless you can read Dutch you will need some help understanding what you are looking at. I can't stress the importance of getting a lawyer to represent you in the transaction. I would not buy or sell a property at home without a real estate attorney so its a 100% must in Aruba if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    crdavis- welcome first of all. Secondly good luck on your purchase. One thing to think about is flying your dog back and forth. There are not many airlines who do it and they have some restrictions about when you can do it because of the heat. I am sure if you have spoken to a realtor you realize that you need to put down 40% in order to purchase. As far as the Bylaws go, I don't expect them to be in English even if they exist. Unless you can read Dutch you will need some help understanding what you are looking at. I can't stress the importance of getting a lawyer to represent you in the transaction. I would not buy or sell a property at home without a real estate attorney so its a 100% must in Aruba if you ask me.

All contracts and documentations are available in both ( Dutch and English). We did not have any problems without knowing Dutch. .
    Jonson and Jonson is very honest and reliable notary company. Good Luck with pirchase

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    All contracts and documentations are available in both ( Dutch and English). We did not have any problems without knowing Dutch. .
    Jonson and Jonson is very honest and reliable notary company. Good Luck with pirchase
    Good to know! I also thought all legal documents were in Dutch.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

You are not the only one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Good to know! I also thought all legal documents were in Dutch.

Received 3 packets of documents today, all in English!!! Including Bylaws, Tenant rules, introduction letter, latest board meeting information. All very helpful! Would still love to hear from anyone that rents their unit out; that's really the final thing holding me back from make a decision.

on rental,it really depends on how much the person charges for rent,if your way above the norm you'll have few rentals,below much more.where we stay at the gold coast townhouses the fellow we rent from charges from $100.00 to $200.00 less a day then everybody else charges in the complex so his unit is rented much of the time.hope that helps

Thank you for that information, I would plan to price fairly compared to comparable units and of course give a larger discount for family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    on rental,it really depends on how much the person charges for rent,if your way above the norm you'll have few rentals,below much more.where we stay at the gold coast townhouses the fellow we rent from charges from $100.00 to $200.00 less a day then everybody else charges in the complex so his unit is rented much of the time.hope that helps

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast