Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GuillermoCh

Thread: How to send money to buy a condo.

How to send money to buy a condo.

Hi guys! Happy to be part of these beauty people who loves One Happy Island as much as my wife and I do!
    I need some good help. We've been considering buying a condo over there, even talked to some realtors and visited a few units, but we're locked in the "sending money" point. We're from Argentina, and the current economy situation here about "us dollars" is not good (well, in fact never was good!), so if you want to send us dollars from an argentinian bank to an arubian bank is pretty impossible, the central bank here puts several obstacles to make it hard and exhausting.
    I'll really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there is any other way of paying or sending money.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Be great!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

you need to get your banking answers from your bank in Argentina AND maybe the realtor and notary that you are working with in Aruba will assist too.

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoCh View Post
    Hi guys! Happy to be part of these beauty people who loves One Happy Island as much as my wife and I do!
    I need some good help. We've been considering buying a condo over there, even talked to some realtors and visited a few units, but we're locked in the "sending money" point. We're from Argentina, and the current economy situation here about "us dollars" is not good (well, in fact never was good!), so if you want to send us dollars from an argentinian bank to an arubian bank is pretty impossible, the central bank here puts several obstacles to make it hard and exhausting.
    I'll really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there is any other way of paying or sending money.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Be great!

Thanks Andrea!
    Is there any other payment option besides banking transfer in Aruba?
    Is it possible to take the money in serveral trips and make deposits?
    Last edited by GuillermoCh; 05-17-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    sorry, cannot help you.

these are questions that you need to have answered by:
    your bank
    your notary
    your realtor

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoCh View Post
    Thanks Andrea!
    Is there any other payment option besides banking transfer in Aruba?
    Is it possible to take the money in serveral trips and make deposits?

Perfect Andrea, in fact you're actually helping me! I'll talk to my realtor and the bank, maybe I find the way to move forward!
    Thanks again.
    Be great!

Follow what Andrea said. I don't know about Aruba because we've never taken large amounts of $$$ with us, but many countries do not allow you to carry in more than a specific amount of money, such as, $10,000. Also, the banks in Aruba may question large cash deposits thinking it is from an illegal source or money laundering. We bought a condo last year and everything was wire transfer, but we are in the US.

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! Good luck with your purchase!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks Robin & Jacki! Hope to find the way to move forward. The goal is clear: we are gonna have our place on the island! We love Aruba, the culture, the people, the island style, the beach and the idea of having our little piece of paradise.
    Time is on our side, and the patience too.
    Hope to share good news with all of you quite soon.
    All the best!