Aruba Beach

Thread: i would like to purchase a car in Aruba

i would like to purchase a car in Aruba

Hello Aruba forum

We live on the island. I would like to purchase a car in Aruba.

I would like to get feedbacks in regards to the process involved in purchasing a car, if any one has experience. Your inputs are appreciated.

I also would like to sell my current vehicle. I have a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD. Does anyone have experience in selling a car in Aruba? What would be the process involved?

Thank you.

Zab

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Purchasing a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by passion4travel View Post
    Hello Aruba forum

I would like to get feedbacks in regards to the process involved in purchasing a car, if any one has experience. Your inputs are appreciated.

I also would like to sell my current vehicle. I have a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD. Does anyone have experience in selling a car in Aruba? What would be the process involved?

Thank you.

Zab
    Zab, A couple of questions. Did you bring your car in from another country as "used"? I'm not sure on the selling part.. you may need to see if you need to own it on island for a time period from when you bought it in.

Buying is relatively easy. You can look all over the island and and see car's for sale. There are also used car places, new car places, etc. Buy new is VERY VERY expensive. Best to go to the bank to see if you want to finance.

We just paid cash for a car here. Basically it was for sale, I had a mechanic take a look at it, went back to the seller and offered a fair price. He provided me with a sales receipt along with the inspection paperwork. We took the paperwork to the Tax Office and "registered the car" and paid our taxes. You then have to go and car insurance. Once you have insurance, you take the insurance papers along with the registration / tax papers to the building across from the tax office (looks like storage facility).. there you pick up your license plates. You do need to get your vehicle "inspected". The office is out the main road past the airport (at the roundabout where the over head walkway is). There may be a chance that the inspection is still valid, if so you only need to do a name change, so it is in your name. If not that you need to make an appointment to have it "inspected". You can ask the Tax office when you register the car, they can give you all the info you need.

Hope that helps.

Aruba since 1979
    i hear great things of Yraqusin and sons (a lincoln and ford dealer)

no personal experience though as i do not live on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by passion4travel View Post
    Hello Aruba forum

Thank you.

Zab

Hello EdandLiz,

Thank you for all the information.

Yes we did bring the car into Aruba as used from Canada. We have been on the island for almost 2 years now, so I think we should be able to sell it now...