Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: problems with our long term rental (we are the owners)

Liz, how bout this. Since it is your house and all, what if it were time for a renovation? Like taking an outside wall down or removing the roof? He might get to stay there, but maybe you could inconvenience him just a bit (I suggest a project that requires disconnecting the electric or water service to the house for full effect). I'm sure you would be given a fair amount of time to complete your renovation (it is Aruba) and maybe that would force him out .

I am soooo sorry! I wish there was a magic wand to wave and make this all better! Hang in!
    Darlene

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    What the heck!! I could scream
    post the address we all need to stop in for a visit
    i am not kidding either
    Creep

Aruba since 1979

Never in a million years will I invest in property in Aruba. This is an atrocity.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I received a discouraging email from Liz yesterday. The Housing Commission did not rule in her favour. In reading the outcome, the only conclusion I can draw us that they did not want to overturn the previous judges decision. Liz will now have to file an appeal within 14 days. This is a sad and bad situation. In her email to me she mentioned that she is too tired and discouraged to post this to the forum
    It's hard to understand why the Housing Commission made that decision.

This guy is young, healthy, single with no kids, he has an income ~ it's easy for him to move to another place!

Sure, he will not find such a gorgeous home at such a low rent again! It was a bargain for a limited time! Should he REALLY be allowed to continue to take advantage to live in a luxury home? Despite the rightful owners wanting their home desperately back?

I hope the judge in the appeal court will put a stop to this! Enough is enough!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I woke up this morning and still felt RAGE over this... I'm like can she sell it low, have real estate agents trapes thru the house, can she do reno's on it while he's there, does she have furniture in there that she wants back, is there a car involved in this????
    Raise the rent? Put it into foreclosure? Get police to go in to see if there is any damages?

I am in absolute disbelief that he is still there. Lizzardo hang in there, I play this out in my mind and would probably be in jail if it were my house.

Aruba since 1979
    cindy, i too would be in jail "making little ricks outta big rocks" if it were my house.
    i do not know how liz and mick are staying sane through all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I woke up this morning and still felt RAGE over this... I'm like can she sell it low, have real estate agents trapes thru the house, can she do reno's on it while he's there, does she have furniture in there that she wants back, is there a car involved in this????
    Raise the rent? Put it into foreclosure? Get police to go in to see if there is any damages?

I am in absolute disbelief that he is still there. Lizzardo hang in there, I play this out in my mind and would probably be in jail if it were my house.

I was far from sane yesterday. We talked to our lawyer and are proceeding to appeal the housing committee ruling. This guy is saying we have not applied for residency yet - but we need to be in the census first and that would mean we need to get the renter off the the address. Plus it won't do anything but be a argument they have. We have looked into the 'do something to the house thing' and there is a clause in the contract about if we do modifications, they have some rights to get $$ because they can not live in the house. So I will wait to hear our next court date. I really want to thank everyone for all the support. I prob. would be questioning my sanity and also it's good to know that my reaction is normal. I am still in shock and am going to be in bed today and prob. tomorrow. That is the only break we can afford.

Also just a note - they knew the house was for sale from day 1. There was a clause in the contract they had to move out w/i 90 days of an offer. Now they are fighting us saying we had the house for sale. They block the real estate agents from seeing the whole house (because it now is 2 units - which is illegal in our rental contact) They have done so many things against our lease it's not funny. So let's hope the judge will be sane and I will finally get a break in one of many issues I am facing.

Just want to thank everyone - can't type any more because i'm starting to cry. I do believe in our real estate agent and lawyer so that is a plus!
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

It's unbelievable tht this type of situation could continue. Don't give up!! There has to be some way to get justice.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast