Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: problems with our long term rental (we are the owners)

Thank you everyone for everything. We are still waiting. As for information on our house or the people involved that have or are causing us so much pain - I am not releasing any information. I request that the many people on the board who know where our house is not tell anyone where it is.

I do not need these "people" to come after us with some trumped up charges or anything.

Needless to say that all will be revealed in regards as who was involved in this and to avoid these people at all costs.

I am dying to do this but once again my DH is holding me back. That's why i'm not sure I can go to Aruba on the next trip. Aruban jails are not a nice place - makes the US jails look like the Ritz!

I know what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but with all the different issues i'm facing right now - I will be a WWF wrestler or something....
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

two words= VITO CORLEONE

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Liz
    stay strong friend.
    none of us would do anything to jeopardize a positive outcome for you
    we may say we'd like to do something though !
    Rob and I are sickened by it all
    just think... Karma's a *itch. What comes around goes around.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Liz
    Karma's a *itch. What comes around goes around.
    DITTO! Boy, I do believe in that. Many years ago someone stole money that I was in charge of collecting our office birthday club. No one believed that this guy stole the money. So I had to give my own money to replace it. I knew he did it because only me, him and our boss had the key to the cabinet where I locked the money envelope. Six months later he called in work that he was at the dentist with the worst tooth abscess that the dentist ever saw. The dentist's bill was the exact amount that he stole from me. Liz, this guy that is screwing you will get his due. My prayers are with you that this is resolved soon.

Aruba since 1979
    at this point, i am "again" asking that when one posts in this thread to please make certain the posting is within the guidelines of the rules set forward by the Aruba Tourism Authority.
    thanks

M&A
    Hi All, We are new to this Forum, but reading this disaster made my wife and I have some serious second thoughts about purchasing a property with long-term tenants. We are planning our 4th trip to the island next week and plan to look at some more properties and investigate the legalities around long-term leases.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to protect yourself from squatters like this? Is there a legal way to structure a lease such that you can terminate the lease and ask the tenants to leave? Or is it such that if the tenants don't want to vacate, you have no power to remove them regardless of the lease verbiage.

Appreciate anyone's input on the topic as we are still interested in buying in Aruba, but very wary now. Also, if anyone knows of a good real estate attorney, PM me a referral would be great.

Best. M&A

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com communty forum.

i would recommend that you contact a good aruba attorney and you may also want to private message lizzardo.

apparently dutch law (aruba court system) is very difficult for many of us to understand.

again, welcome!

another person that you may want to message is Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by M&A View Post
    Hi All, We are new to this Forum, but reading this disaster made my wife and I have some serious second thoughts about purchasing a property with long-term tenants. We are planning our 4th trip to the island next week and plan to look at some more properties and investigate the legalities around long-term leases.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to protect yourself from squatters like this? Is there a legal way to structure a lease such that you can terminate the lease and ask the tenants to leave? Or is it such that if the tenants don't want to vacate, you have no power to remove them regardless of the lease verbiage.

Appreciate anyone's input on the topic as we are still interested in buying in Aruba, but very wary now. Also, if anyone knows of a good real estate attorney, PM me a referral would be great.

Best. M&A

Hi Everyone,

Quick note to let you know I am still alive. Remember this is our second time doing this entire process. We filed to the housing commission in Jan. We got their decision in Feb. We are at the point now where we and the renter have presented their case to the judge(that took two months) - we had to file our appeal first then after a long period of time the renter filed his response. I am unsure how that part works. I have to ask our lawyer (who we love) if she just filed her paperwork or actually presented it to the judge. So what is next is a court date where both parties appear before the judge. This usually takes a long time for a court date.

I saw some people wanted advise on renting long term - I have a lawyer that I trust (after going thru many many lawyers) which is a find! PM me and i'll give you more info. I do not want to post any names yet because god knows if I would get in trouble.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lizzardo- hang in there. Thanks for update, we are definitely hoping all plays out in your favor.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for the update, Lizzardo. I think about you often and hope, all works out well for you!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast