Aruba Beach
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: problems with our long term rental (we are the owners)

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    What injustice. My heart breaks for them.

You must be kidding! What a travesty of justice. Well, there goes my dream of owning in Aruba. I wouldn't want my hard earned money and status laughed at by some unknowing judge. If I'd gone through this I'd be in the "Joran van der Sloot room" at the KIA... Jeeesh...

unbelievable!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

For those interested, here is a excerpt from the letter to Liz from her lawyer:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

I hereby inform you that despite our outlook on the case, the Judge didnot rule in our favor and our petition was declined.

Based on the attached decision the Court believes:
    1.That since their previous decision rendered onNovember 19, 2013, there aren’t any new facts or conditions.
    2.the non compliance with the rental agreementespecially the articles 6, 8, 9 en 15 of the lease agreement was not clarified.There were no other emails presented stating that Mr.XXXXX was insearch/contact of tenants for negotiation in accordance with the articlesmentioned (4.4 – 4.5).
    3.The fact that Mr.XXXXXXX has a home in Florida andmeanwhileno measures were taken toobtaining a permit on Aruba. In order for the Judge to take a decision ifXXXXXXX can come to reside in Aruba there has to be a petition forresidence permit. The previous permits (renteniervergunningen) are not aguarantee for renewal to obtain such permit.
    4.Also the new ground, discrepancy between the costs ofexploitation/operation and the rental income, has not been proven sufficiently.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm not sure I understand any of this. Are these people allowed to stay in the home for the rest of their lives or till "THEY" want to leave. if there is a lease, once it is over, shouldn't they have to move. I am assuming that if Aruba has "leases", it must be because it means something (even under their laws). I think I'll just stick to renting in Aruba, no hassles. If I buy, it will be in the USA. Yes, you have people that overstay their "welcome" so to speak but not indefinitely. And the courts pretty much have common sense.

I don't claim to understand any of this, but, to me, #3 sounds like there is still an opportunity to explore submitting paperwork. And #2 sound like maybe there will be an opportunity to negotiate at the end of the term?

Best wishes and continued positivity being sent your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I don't claim to understand any of this, but, to me, #3 sounds like there is still an opportunity to explore submitting paperwork. And #2 sound like maybe there will be an opportunity to negotiate at the end of the term?

Best wishes and continued positivity being sent your way!
    Hi Everyone,

I have never posted on the board before. Liz wanted you guys to know what happened. She is in bad shape and "holding up in the bedroom with her cats". We did lose again despite having a much better attorney. There is so much s&^% going on and we know why this is happening.
    I know Liz did not want to mention names but I want you to know that the real problem is we are renting to an shady Dutch lawyer who is taking advantage of the system. There is so much he has done - he has tried to extort $45k from us to leave and the second was 1.5 years of free
    rent. Liz wasn't sure that Aquaman was posting so she ask me to send a post. Aquaman - can you please tell people what is
    happening? You have been a godsend to us.

Thanks
    Mick (Lizzardo's Hubby)

Oh, the tenant is a lawyer well versed in Dutch law. That makes a huge difference. So sorry.

Aruba since 1979
    Aquaman did post.
    see post #144

Until i get guidance from the Aruba Tourism Authority, post 140 will remain deleted and this thread closed.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.

thanks from lizzardo

Hi All,

My migraine has finally subsided and i'm trying to catch up on things. Many of you might not know but I am in the 10 - 15% of people who get migraines that don't respond to drugs. So when I get these rulings, I get tense which kicks off the migraine and i'm in bed in the dark for days at a time.
    That is why I have been asking aquaman post for me because I am not able to. I don't want Mick to post because we differ in opinions of what we should post. Needless to day this has caused a big strain in our marriage.

I would like to thank everyone who brainstormed and took their time to offer support and to help me. I do not know what to do. Mick has his opinions but as I said we do not agree.

I have never felt before what a huge family we have here and how we stick up for each other. I am really so grateful and I love you all.

I did not see what was posted yesterday so if anyone could let me know what happened, I would be grateful for the information. From the little I was told yesterday a really horrible letter was written to one of our members. I can not believe it. I have been fighting to take the 'high road' of this dispute but Mick and all of you are right, this is not a fair fight. I felt that our tenant wasn't be dishonest but I now am thinking he is.

I do not know how he sleeps at night. This has caused damage to my health and marriage,
    but I don't think he really cares. Again, I just don't know what to do.

I would like to apologize to the admins if you had to remove or lock threads. I have to
    keep out of this for legal reasons, so if you have any ideas or information, please contact
    aquaman. He can decide what I should know or not know.

I love and thank you all. Please pray for me and send any healing energy my way.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415