Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: problems with our long term rental (we are the owners)

I think our big problem is we let him renew his lease for 1 year. I think that somehow plays into Aruban Law. Looking for someone who can translate ruling for us. The internet translators are not good.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    As the ruling will include important legal terms, I would think it would be best if someone translates it who actually works in the legal field. Could your Aruban lawyer or someone in his office translate it for you? Or that he can suggest a professional interpreter? IMO, it's an important document and the translation should be as accurate as possible.

Hope you find someone who is dependable and qualified.

having someone look things over. Hopefully will hear today. I just can not believe this nightmare.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

CK1
    Hopefully, everything turns out well at the end!

Wishing you tons of good vibes & luck!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Hoping everything works out very soon for you!! Makes me sick reading this!!!

Good luck from us as well

I thought i'd give you all an update. Thanks to aquaman and K - They referred me to someone in the real estate association. Never even knew Aruba had one. He read the transcripts and said that the lawyer who had been recommended was not as aggressive as he should have been. Esp. since the other lawyer was well known and had a lot of real estate and other connections.

I appreciate what this manager/Realtor said and the time he took to talk with us.
    We have a new lawyer who has a game plan. But it still means, lawyers fees and
    a lot of time. I do not see these thieves just taking a ruling from the one committee -
    they will appeal because they have a sweet house, across the street from one of the
    best beaches and dirt cheap rent. It was lower because there was a clause that said
    he had to move 90 days if the house was sold. Now he argues in court "how can I get
    such a place for this kind of rent" - Answer is nowhere. Again real estate agents
    did not do very well by me when talking about what I should ask for rent.

So I am still in shock and feel like I have been dealing with non-logical things so much
    lately that I wonder if there is any sanity or justice in this world . Or it's all about the $$

Thank you every one for the support - I really needed and still need it. Was hoping that I would be able to come down for my favorite time of the year Christmas and New Years - but that's not the case. Just hoping that 2014 will bring me a quick series of 'wins' - I'm telling Karma it's about time that my luck changes for the better!!!

CK1
    Glad you got some help and some advice which lead you to the real estate association. And ultimately to a new and better lawyer. Knowledge is everything. Each little detail counts. It can make or break a case. Those new updates sound positive.

In regards of any real estate agent: they make suggestions (many times having their own interested/commission in mind). However, the owner is in charge and can agree or disagree what the real estate agent suggests. Again, knowledge is everything. I would never completely trust any real estate agent. Nowhere in the world. There are too many scumbags. I just read where many tourists who invested in the Egyptian real estate market got cheated big time.

I'll continue thinking about you and hope, everything works out well for you at the end. That new lawyer sounds good.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Still sick about your situation... Wishing you a better outcome this time around, Cindy

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast