Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: problems with our long term rental (we are the owners)

Good luck!

Here's my update:

"our office did not received the decision from the Housing Committee as yet. We contacted their office and was informed that we will receive a hardcopy of the decision in the course of next week, as they are still busy processing the document."

So more waiting. We think the odds of him appealing will be high. He has bad reputation in Aruba. We are just hoping that he realizes we will never stop. I think he might have underestimated us.

So no party yet and then we wait to see if he appeals..... if he does appeal then we have to schedule a court date with the lower court which takes a while. How long? Not sure

So keep that good energy coming - or whatever energy it would be to make this guy decide not to appeal!!

Again thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and support. It means so much to me and meek. Also helps me to know i'm not the only one that thinks the way I do.

love you guys!!!
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

I'm very confident that you will win this round and all the other ones if that's ever the case. But like you said the odds of him appealing are very high. He's a swindler in a lawyer suit. Sadly I don't see him giving up easily as it's so profitable for him to stay in your home even if he knows he is ultimately going to lose.

Buying time is his strategy. Either he stays for cheap or the owners are so stressed-out that they give up and give him money. For him it's a win-win situation.

Then he will move out and start looking for his next victim... and that's unacceptable, laws should be change to protect the good and honest people like you Liz. The lack of such laws in Aruba will cost them much in the long run, I for one always dream of purchasing a home in Aruba, not anymore... and I'm probably not the only one...

EVERYBODY is wishing a you a quick and easy solution and I would be the first one to cheer but as in a war you need to prepare yourself for the long run, you need not to put too much expectations for a quick solution that way you can protect yourself from painful deceptions. The good side is that you have finally a good lawyer and for the first time the winds are in your favor.

And who knows maybe that crook is tired of being one and he will come to his sense soon...

Hang on Liz, Hang on victory is ahead!
    Last edited by qlaval; 02-15-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Typo
    Pierre

That is ridiculous! Why should you have to PAY him to get him out--to evict him? I would think all you would have to do to prove that the other person is subletting the house is to take pictures of him going into the house regularly or simply have someone else ask him what his address is. Best luck to you in resolving this nightmare favorably! What a headache!

I'm not trying to project what is going to happen. It makes me crazy. This person's attorney in the past offered a cash payment and really good terms for him to move out of the house. You are totally correct - I feel like this is extortion. We just have to do a heck of a lot of waiting thru this whole process. 1. We wait for the housing committee's verdict. 2. We wait to see if they appeal. 3. We have to wait for a court date. 4. Have the hearing 5. wait for the judges decision.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hang in there.
    we are all rooting for you.
    this little thought popped in my head, while it's stalking it might be fun.... Post the address and we can all drive by or stop in to see how he's doing... I know, not nice, but it would give me great satisfaction to drive him crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Hang in there.
    we are all rooting for you.
    this little thought popped in my head, while it's stalking it might be fun.... Post the address and we can all drive by or stop in to see how he's doing... I know, not nice, but it would give me great satisfaction to drive him crazy
    I would love to pay them a visit.

I know.....not condoned.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I received a discouraging email from Liz yesterday. The Housing Commission did not rule in her favour. In reading the outcome, the only conclusion I can draw us that they did not want to overturn the previous judges decision. Liz will now have to file an appeal within 14 days. This is a sad and bad situation. In her email to me she mentioned that she is too tired and discouraged to post this to the forum
    Last edited by aquaman; 02-20-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Keep on truckin' Liz!! Sending good wishes!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

An incredible drama...
    I would not even whish that to someone I didn't like...

Liz for your sanity you need take a small break for that toxic situation, then when it's time you will get back on your feet and try again.

Take care.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast