Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

Hi Everyone

I really need some help with my property I Own In Aruba.

I live in the UK and purchased a holiday home in 2005 for my family in Noord

We left the island and visited lots, then found out since 2007/2008 we had squatters living in our house. They broke into the house with all our furniture in it still and decided to live there.

We had legal help and investigated our rights. We came to visit Henry in 2011. He then agreed to rent the property from us in 2011, he signed and never paid.

To this day I am fighting for Justice as he is living in my family home, and now renting my apartments attached to the home and making money.

I really need to know my rights here as I have been in touch with so many people and Nothing seems to conclude the situation

I ultimately need this man out of my house so I can use it as a holiday home for my family once again.

He has been squatting there rent free and now making money from my property from 2008 until now.

I am also lead to believe he travels back and forth between the Island and Venezuela where he is from.

Any information on what I can do or how to get him out I would really appreciate

Thank you

Aruba since 1979
    omg

i am copying this, and publishing in the "moving to aruba section"

possibly forum member Lizzardo would care to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliwhite View Post
    Hi Everyone

I really need some help with my property I Own In Aruba.

I live in the UK and purchased a holiday home in 2005 for my family in Noord

We left the island and visited lots, then found out since 2007/2008 we had squatters living in our house. They broke into the house with all our furniture in it still and decided to live there.

We had legal help and investigated our rights. We came to visit Henry in 2011. He then agreed to rent the property from us in 2011, he signed and never paid.

To this day I am fighting for Justice as he is living in my family home, and now renting my apartments attached to the home and making money.

I really need to know my rights here as I have been in touch with so many people and Nothing seems to conclude the situation

I ultimately need this man out of my house so I can use it as a holiday home for my family once again.

He has been squatting there rent free and now making money from my property from 2008 until now.

I am also lead to believe he travels back and forth between the Island and Venezuela where he is from.

Any information on what I can do or how to get him out I would really appreciate

Thank you

Thank you this is all new to me so thank you

Why do people do this to others. Just don't understand.
    They need to get off their humps and get jobs.
    Cathi

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Sounds to me like you need to be ON the island to deal with something like this. If it were me, I'd probably show up and spend a few weeks trying to get things done. I'd also plan to be living in MY home on the island, whether the squatter is there or not! "Hello, roomie!" Good luck and I hope it works out for you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have sent her a reply and will hopefully skype with her with all the info we have gotten over the years - plus you have to be VERY careful on which lawyer you use - our first one actually sounded like he was on our renter's side and we had to try to repair that.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Isnt he breaking Aruban law? Why don't the police get him out and deport him. They would me if I broke their law.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Isnt he breaking Aruban law? Why don't the police get him out and deport him. They would me if I broke their law.
    Aruban law is actually Dutch Law. There are provisions that protect squatters. Seems he is the middle man. Those in the house/apartments are actually paying rent so that makes it very difficult to evict them under Dutch Law. Proof of his actions that are illegal will be required. I have put the owner in contact with the senior police inspector fir where their home is located. Hopefully that will start events. I have also put them in contact with an experienced property mediator who has experience with these issues

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I am NEVER buying property in Aruba. I thought it would be great but its not worth it. Unless I was living there full time and no one could squat, rent, etc, I would never buy. after seeing what lizzardo and now this member is going through, forget it. With all due respect, after seeing lizzardo's problems, the court system is basically useless in this regard and as a person who sat in a courtroom for 26 years, I know what I'm talking about. sorry, its not my fight but it aggravates me so much that they do nothing to protect home owners. basically, i can go to aruba, decide to find a house no one is in, break in, stay for three or four months rent free, then leave. and the home owners can't do a thing about it.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I am NEVER buying property in Aruba. I thought it would be great but its not worth it. Unless I was living there full time and no one could squat, rent, etc, I would never buy. after seeing what lizzardo and now this member is going through, forget it. With all due respect, after seeing lizzardo's problems, the court system is basically useless in this regard and as a person who sat in a courtroom for 26 years, I know what I'm talking about. sorry, its not my fight but it aggravates me so much that they do nothing to protect home owners. basically, i can go to aruba, decide to find a house no one is in, break in, stay for three or four months rent free, then leave. and the home owners can't do a thing about it.
    Looks like they cant do a thing about it even if the squatter stays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast