Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

That is unbelieveable! I guess the squaters knew what they were doing which is why they took advantage of the situation.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 03-03-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Editing last comment.

Another unbelievable story. We too have had serious thoughts of investing in property on the island. I just can't believe that these events are even possible. It sounds like seeking out reliable sources of information on it's own is extremely time consuming, let alone purchasing a piece of property. We're definitely having second thoughts. Perhaps residency status and year attendance is one's only protection from these predators.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    perhaps those that want to own and only be there part time............hire ME to be a caretaker.
    disclosure: 2 cats and a dog

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Andrea, I always said if I owned, I wouldn't rent. But if I did own, I would definitely let you, Paul, the two cats and dog house sit in the interum, lol. I went from a dog and four cats to two cats (not including the four I feed on my deck), so animals are NEVER a problem with me, lol. I'd rather you bring cats & dogs then people...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    perhaps those that want to own and only be there part time............hire ME to be a caretaker.
    disclosure: 2 cats and a dog
    Ooh... sorry, the cats are a deal breaker! Allergic! How about a tent in the back and a pitcher of margaritas?

Aruba since 1979
    that would be fine too
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Ooh... sorry, the cats are a deal breaker! Allergic! How about a tent in the back and a pitcher of margaritas?

Thank you so much for the support, it is really hard to manage the property from another country that is the truth

Everyone is so helpful and lovely I cant thank you enough

The police are now investiagting so the next steps are to try and get him out

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that would be fine too

Quote Originally Posted by Aliwhite View Post
    Thank you so much for the support, it is really hard to manage the property from another country that is the truth

Everyone is so helpful and lovely I cant thank you enough

The police are now investiagting so the next steps are to try and get him out

Hang in there. I have put you with a good Inspector in the Police and some other contacts who should be able to get things moving along

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    its funny, when we drive down the road from the high rise to arashi (which road is that anyway, lol) but when we drive we would see these huge beautiful homes and they had every door & window with the hurricane shutters. I thought it was weird since we know aruba doesn't get hurricanes. i guess they figure if they are not there, no one can get in easily if they have those on the doors and windows.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    John, you my friend are a good guy!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hang in there. I have put you with a good Inspector in the Police and some other contacts who should be able to get things moving along

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast