Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

Unhappy Wow

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    John, you my friend are a good guy!
    This is awful. We vacation every year in Aruba and always say we want to buy but Never, Ever would we unless we were to live there year round. It's Aruba's loss for not helping these people regain their properties.
    I just don't understand how a person from Venezuela can legally live there as a squatter, Lizzaro's squatter lived in Aruba before he stole her house correct? It's just unbelievable that Aruba let's this go on and cannot change the Dutch law. I bet there are other people out there that this has happened to but we just have not heard about it. I wish there was something we could all do together to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    This is awful. We vacation every year in Aruba and always say we want to buy but Never, Ever would we unless we were to live there year round. It's Aruba's loss for not helping these people regain their properties.
    I just don't understand how a person from Venezuela can legally live there as a squatter, Lizzaro's squatter lived in Aruba before he stole her house correct? It's just unbelievable that Aruba let's this go on and cannot change the Dutch law. I bet there are other people out there that this has happened to but we just have not heard about it. I wish there was something we could all do together to help them.
    Actually my tenant was not a squatter. We had a yearly lease saying it would be renewed for one year if both parties agreed. After the 2nd year we sent notice to the guy by registered aruba mail, email and never heard back. Only when Mick went to the house at the lease end did we find out that he had no intention of leaving. Now we have had him in our house for 2+ years and 'no contract' - we have no end date and the lease is supposed to be nullified but they can select clauses from it to threaten us but it seems we can not do the same. Sigh.

Any update on this person from Venezuela that is squatting here??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123