Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ITIE

Thread: Quit Claim a Property in Aruba

Quit Claim a Property in Aruba

Has anyone done a quit claim with a property in Aruba? Does Aruba even have such a thing as quit claim or an equivalent thereof? The only way I was aware of transferring property was through a purchase agreement. Would appreciate any guidance on this.

All property transactions are done through a Notary, which impartially represents bother the buyer and the seller.

IMO Quit Claim transactions are quite risky, unless you know that the property you want to purchase is well constructed and there are no hidden surprises....

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Your best bet is to contact the Notary office... Real estate transactions are nothing like they are in the states.....
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own!

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    As others suggested, I would definitely consult a professional like a notary to get the best advice.

Here is some info, just to get a rough idea:

Timeshare Ownership: A "Quit Claim" Deed Explained

Ok... I found out the answer! The closest thing that matches the quit claim is a gift which also has issues in itself due to the current inheritance laws (at least in the case of parents gifting to their child). Better to do a solid purchase agreement and hope for the best!