Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rbc

Rbc

They closed the Palm Beach branch. Hmmmm.

And removed the RBC ATM outside the Palm Beach Casa Tua location. Locals tell me they do not like RBC. Also for non residents the amount they want on deposit turns many off

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    And removed the RBC ATM outside the Palm Beach Casa Tua location. Locals tell me they do not like RBC. Also for non residents the amount they want on deposit turns many off
    Annnnd they closed our account. "Lack of documentation"...which we provided in both November and February. The Italstraat manager rolled her eyes like, "there's a reason we closed the Palm Beach branch..."

Now we wait until some mysterious entity re-opens the account. I'll then march in, withdraw everything and close it. We're done with Aruban banks.

Wow!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    they can actually close your account? were there $ in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Yes. A significant amount.

Yes. One of the reasons we stayed away form RBC ( after they took over RBTT ..Royal Bank Trinidad Tobago ) was there requirement to keep $2500US minimum balance in the account at all times. They told us that if it went below that they would close the account and take the money. Well....that was enough for us. We have been with ArubaBank and while its not perfect we have had rreasonable service. Fees are a bit high. Tip...if you open an account with them, do it in Florins. The monthly charges are significantly less

Aruba since 1979
    seriously "take the money?"

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Yes. One of the reasons we stayed away form RBC ( after they took over RBTT ..Royal Bank Trinidad Tobago ) was there requirement to keep $2500US minimum balance in the account at all times. They told us that if it went below that they would close the account and take the money. Well....that was enough for us. We have been with ArubaBank and while its not perfect we have had rreasonable service. Fees are a bit high. Tip...if you open an account with them, do it in Florins. The monthly charges are significantly less

seriously "take the money?"
    Yep. That's what I was told at the Palm Beach branch. In fact they gave me an info sheet regarding opening and operating an account. On the sheet is stated a minimum balance of $2500US at all times. Whether they would scoop the money if the balance was below that is something I didn't want to tempt.

RBC is the absolute worst bank I've ever dealt with in my life! They closed my account without notice and made me jump through hoops to reopen it. Then they took over a month to reinstate my standing orders. If it wasn't for friends on the island who helped me, I would have been totally screwed. RBC in Aruba has the absolute worst customer service. Most of their employees don't give a damn about you. They ignored my emails for weeks until I called RBC in Canada and got them involved.

They did remove the $2,500 mimum requirement but they still suck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast