Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rbc

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    One more thing. When they had the $2,500 mimum requirement, they wouldn't close your account if you didn't maintain it; rather they would charge you $10.00 a month penalty.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    One more thing. When they had the $2,500 mimum requirement, they wouldn't close your account if you didn't maintain it; rather they would charge you $10.00 a month penalty.
    Charging a fee if you don’t maintain a minimum balance is pretty standard practice in some banks in Canada and in the U.S.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMtl View Post
    Charging a fee if you don’t maintain a minimum balance is pretty standard practice in some banks in Canada and in the U.S.
    This is true.

    I had no problem with the minimum balance requirements.

    I do have a problem with the beyond terrible service by RBC in Aruba.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    12
    Yeah, that’s surprising because RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) is an excellent Bank in Canada.
    I wonder if their branch closures were related to staffing issues.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMtl View Post
    Yeah, thatís surprising because RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) is an excellent Bank in Canada.
    I wonder if their branch closures were related to staffing issues.
    Perhaps.

    After being ignored for over 3 weeks I contacted RBC in Canada and complained.

    After that RBC in Aruba started somewhat addressing my problem.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    I've had my account since 2013 and to this day, my correct mailing address isn't in their system. I've provided it about a dozen times; both in person and by email to several different employees at RBC in Aruba.

    Because of this I never receive any statement or notice from them.

    I don't understand what the problem is?

  7. #17
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Perhaps.

    After being ignored for over 3 weeks I contacted RBC in Canada and complained.

    After that RBC in Aruba started somewhat addressing my problem.
    Awesome! Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ



  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Awesome! Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction
    Things are better than they were for sure but I have another issue that wasn't solved and they have been ignoring my emails for almost a week. I may have to involve Canada again?

  9. #19
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,746
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Things are better than they were for sure but I have another issue that wasn't solved and they have been ignoring my emails for almost a week. I may have to involve Canada again?
    They definitely don’t respond to emails - I’ve even gone into the branch to show them information we sent that would’ve prevented our account from closing and the manager just rolled her eyes. “Aruba”. In person seems to be the only effective way of getting results. Good luck.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    They definitely don’t respond to emails - I’ve even gone into the branch to show them information we sent that would’ve prevented our account from closing and the manager just rolled her eyes. “Aruba”. In person seems to be the only effective way of getting results. Good luck.
    That is true to an extent but I've given them my correct address twice in person and they still don't update it.

    I'm going to have to call RBC in Canada again.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO