Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recommendations for a Property Manager

Aruba since 1979
    ditto as to what jacki said

Hi Seafolly,
    I saw your post looking for a Property Manager in Aruba. We work with Randolph Arends at Aruba Living Today. We've owned our house for 3 years and it has been a wonderful experience due in large part to the support and services we receive from Randolph's team. They take care of the property as if it were their own and our rental guests love them for check-in / check-out services. Randolph has been featured on an episode of House Hunters International.
    Here is Randolph's contact information:

Aruba Living Today
    Randolph Arends
    email: randolph@livingtoday.aw

Note: Randolph has Skype available so if you email him, he can set up an appointment by skype with you so you can interview him.

Sunny Regards,
    Chris
    (feel free to send me a PM if yu need more info)

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    HI Seafolly!

I won a company here on Aruba that specializes in managing and renting short term rentals. We too handle all the bookings, check-in / check out and the property in general. We are Americans, living here on Aruba. We can also assist you with listing properties on various vacation rental property sites.
    Our charge is 15% of the income. If you are still looking, let us know, we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafolly View Post
    Hi,

Our current property manager is leaving Aruba and we need a new one. We do short term rentals of our house. Can anyone give me some recommendations? Now we pay 20% of the income and that covers handling bookings, check in and checkouts, and taking care of the property in general.

would be grateful if you send me an PM with some info.
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

Since I started this thread on searching for a new property manager, I wanted to post an update.

I did find a new property manager last month and they are
    Anna and Matthew Smillie of Aruba Villa Vacation Homes. So far, they have been excellent and so much better and more responsible than my last PM. I would highly recommend using them as a PM.

With that being said, I would stay away from Aruba Happy Rentals. I have used them for the past eight (8) years but I lost trust in their ability to take care of my home. They were great when we first started with them eight years ago, but they have become too big and forgot that the homeowners should be their top priority instead of just trying to make a buck. I have been in touch with several homeowners who have used Aruba Happy Rentals and have since parted ways because of some of the same concerns. If you are looking a rent a property with them, they are excellent in that regard but in my case, not as a property manager.

I have specific information if anyone is interested regarding Aruba Happy Rentals just inbox me. Or I can post them here if it is allowed. (I just want to present my story so that other homeowners can use it to make their own informed decision regarding hiring them as a property manager).

Aruba since 1979
    absolutely david you can present your story/experiences with "happy rentals"

we look for the good, the indifferent and the bad.
    all information is welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Since I started this thread on searching for a new property manager, I wanted to post an update.

I did find a new property manager last month and they are
    Anna and Matthew Smillie of Aruba Villa Vacation Homes. So far, they have been excellent and so much better and more responsible than my last PM. I would highly recommend using them as a PM.

With that being said, I would stay away from Aruba Happy Rentals. I have used them for the past eight (8) years but I lost trust in their ability to take care of my home. They were great when we first started with them eight years ago, but they have become too big and forgot that the homeowners should be their top priority instead of just trying to make a buck. I have been in touch with several homeowners who have used Aruba Happy Rentals and have since parted ways because of some of the same concerns. If you are looking a rent a property with them, they are excellent in that regard but in my case, not as a property manager.

I have specific information if anyone is interested regarding Aruba Happy Rentals just inbox me. Or I can post them here if it is allowed. (I just want to present my story so that other homeowners can use it to make their own informed decision regarding hiring them as a property manager).

Thank you Andrea.

===============

My wife and I recently ended an eight (8) year business relationship with Aruba Happy Rentals because of their incompetence to take care of our property. (We own a home on the island and have used Aruba Happy Rentals as our property manager). The company was excellent when we started with them but has progressively gotten worse to the point of us recently firing them because if we didn't, I firmly believe our home would be damaged and/or burglarized. I believe it is important to present my story and let homeowners make an informed decision as to whether to use Aruba Happy Rentals as their property managers.

Here are just a few things that this company has done:

-The owner, Albert, himself on two separate occasions left my house keys with my alarm key fob in the keyhole of my entrance gate and drove off in his car leaving my keys for anyone to take. (My neighbor had to call him and give him the keys).

- My front yard recently flooded on four separate occasions from my septic system overflowing from a leaking toilet. He sent his handyman to fix the problem. Each time he stated the leak was fixed but a few days later, my yard flooded again. This went on for several weeks until I told him to hire a plumber to fix the issue. He took no responsibility and he told me that I was being too harsh on his workers. Meanwhile, I had to pay to empty the septic tank on these occasions and pay their handyman to repair the toilet on each attempt. (I have security cameras that captured the flooding. What would have happened if I didn't have the cameras?).

-Numerous occasions when employees of Aruba Happy Rentals would leave my home unsecured by not lowering the security shutter at the front door, not locking the front gate and not activating the security system.

- More than twenty-five repairs to my front electric security gate over the course of six years. Instead of finding the root cause of the issue (It would either get stuck in the open or closed position), they would just call the shutter contractor (Retraco) and have them either manually open or close it but not fix the problem. I would get charged for each visit. I had to write a letter to the owner of the company explaining the issue. In his defense, he installed a new motor at no cost, which fixed the problem once and for all. A property manger should have the interest of the homeowner as his first priority – find out what the problem is and fix the issue the first time.

- I was charged for garden services that where never performed. When I received the invoice from Aruba Happy Rentals, which included the dates of service, I reviewed my security cameras for the dates and have found that the gardener did not perform any service on those billed dates. The owner of Aruba Happy Rentals defended the gardener and stated that a family member had passed away and he was under stress. (This is not an excuse for knowingly billing for a service that was not performed - besides, Aruba Happy Rentals has to let them onto our property and they still accepted his invoice knowingly or should have known the serviced was not performed).

There are many more incidents like I described above, some worse and some comical. If I didn't have security cameras around the perimeter of my home, I would not have known about these incidents and would have thought that Aruba Happy Rentals was performing a good service. (I do have many security videos that I have saved and hundreds of emails from the owner and his workers to back up my story).

There are several homeowners on this site that have also used Aruba Happy Rentals as their property managers but have since fired them for some of the same reasons as I have experienced and some with much worse experiences. I just want homeowners to be aware of these incidents so that they may make an informed decision and not be surprised when it might be too late.

We as homeowners in Aruba work hard for our money and we have to place a tremendous amount of trust for someone or a company to care for our property when we are not there, and to have an owner not take responsibility for his and his employees actions, is disgusting and unethical.

Aruba Happy Rentals does have a few outstanding employees that do care and I commend them.

Aruba Happy Rentals might respond back stating that I am a disgruntled client, but I have hundreds of emails and video of these happenings. My wife and I have been extremely patient with this company over the years, but enough is enough.

Moderators - I will completely understand if you want to remove my posting, but I think it is important to inform potential clients so they can make an informed decision.

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Seafolly, PM Sent!
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes

Now here's a thing I must thank Liz as she understands , our homes mean a ,lot to us ..As she has her own properties .
    that counts for a lot, I have had issues again this time which made me unhappy ,At the start of our Vaccation I washed 5 sheets plus ripped the ones off the bed as they where creased to hell...
    towels ect as they where screwed up in the linen basket Out in our store room. My Windows where filthy and lots of other things .
    I do not want to come to my house And work And he'll the guests ...God forbid , on one last warning , Liz has the house now for rentals standing by to take over , Good on you Liz show these companies how it's done
    Our neighbours and friends are in a law suit with their property management ... It's a terrible story and they love their Home to
    this is the thing they are not just holiday rentals they are our homes
    We trust people to help look after and keep our homes safe ,It seems to me that , it's not so...
    even to the point of no bookings !! Lots of tentative ones. That's it
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

You are so welcome.. yep totally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    Now here's a thing I must thank Liz as she understands , our homes mean a ,lot to us ..As she has her own properties .
    that counts for a lot, I have had issues again this time which made me unhappy ,At the start of our Vaccation I washed 5 sheets plus ripped the ones off the bed as they where creased to hell...
    towels ect as they where screwed up in the linen basket Out in our store room. My Windows where filthy and lots of other things .
    I do not want to come to my house And work And he'll the guests ...God forbid , on one last warning , Liz has the house now for rentals standing by to take over , Good on you Liz show these companies how it's done
    Our neighbours and friends are in a law suit with their property management ... It's a terrible story and they love their Home to
    this is the thing they are not just holiday rentals they are our homes
    We trust people to help look after and keep our homes safe ,It seems to me that , it's not so...
    even to the point of no bookings !! Lots of tentative ones. That's it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12