Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Serlimar or Ecotech ??

Not sure if you can stop service for when you are not on the island. I leave mine active all of the time. My home is not always occupied but I feel that it is cheap enough to keep the service going even it it is not being used.

Thanks David. Also hope to make some progress with my Solar Installation over Xmas and the New Year. Will Post how I get on when its all installed.. Cheers..

Unfortunately, I have not seen an improvement to the Serlimar garbage service since they started charging for it. Serlimar will show up each week to pick up the garbage but the schedule is variable (sometimes they show up on a completely different day than our assigned pick up day) making it hard to plan when to put out our garbage container for pick up. The Serlimar garbage container is a larger size than the Ecotech container so that is the advantage to their service but I agree with the comments above that the reliability of the Ecotech service is head and shoulders above Serlimar. The Ecotech arrives on the same day each week and typically at the same time (within a 1 hr window). In fact, Ecotech will even send us an email if the truck came to pick up the garbage and was unable to complete the job (for example, if we forgot to roll the garbage can out of the garage to the street). You can pay for the Ecotech service by the month, vs for a year so it would be possible to inactivate it when you are not on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Unfortunately, I have not seen an improvement to the Serlimar garbage service since they started charging for it. Serlimar will show up each week to pick up the garbage but the schedule is variable (sometimes they show up on a completely different day than our assigned pick up day) making it hard to plan when to put out our garbage container for pick up. The Serlimar garbage container is a larger size than the Ecotech container so that is the advantage to their service but I agree with the comments above that the reliability of the Ecotech service is head and shoulders above Serlimar. The Ecotech arrives on the same day each week and typically at the same time (within a 1 hr window). In fact, Ecotech will even send us an email if the truck came to pick up the garbage and was unable to complete the job (for example, if we forgot to roll the garbage can out of the garage to the street). You can pay for the Ecotech service by the month, vs for a year so it would be possible to inactivate it when you are not on the island.
    Thanks for the info, Chris.

We've been here for two weeks now and Serlimar was chosen by our property manager. They've been consistent - I know that's not an indication of longevity in the consistency department but it's been working so far. I actually went out and met the crew this morning as we had some overflow and they had no problem accepting the excess. But, given the challenges we've heard about, we won't be leaving any food waste in the bin when we're leaving (we'll just ask a neighbour to take it for us) - the last thing we want to come back to is a garbage explosion that's been sitting in the sun for weeks.

We'll monitor and report back if we see any degradation in service.

I like that there's competition - hopefully it'll keep everyone on their toes!

I would also like to know what happened to WEB and Elmar websites with regards to billing. It is difficult to take care of paying the bills when you cannot access them!

i was told elmar site will be up shortly but it was 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I would also like to know what happened to WEB and Elmar websites with regards to billing. It is difficult to take care of paying the bills when you cannot access them!
    Web Website Back up and running today for Bill Payment after 3 week of being not working. Elmar is still down for Account checking and Bill Payment.

Can now pay water bill...

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    Web Website Back up and running today for Bill Payment after 3 week of being not working. Elmar is still down for Account checking and Bill Payment.

Can now pay water bill...
    And now the WEB website has gone down again... ELMAR still not up - Something serious must have happened a few weeks ago for things not to be resolved by now....

hope it means we do not have to pay them no more

just to keep tread active .i sent twice request to ecotech if can open an account from 01/01/2016.they sent both time message how happy they are to get my request and that i will get answer in a 48 hours.it was 8 days ago

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast