Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Serlimar or Ecotech ??

I just laughed out loud at your post, yefim8. We all know Aruba is about taking it slow and normally love that about the island, but it's funny how nerve racking it can be when trying to conduct business. FYI - I'll be in Aruba in early December and plan to stop by the Ecotech office to pay my annual bill (if you pay 12 months up front, you get one free). So feel free to send me a pm if you'd like me to get info or request a contact for you. I'm happy to assist.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 11-05-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    ........off topic sort of

There are MANY kind and wonderful people on this forum.
    Many of us look for the positive (Pollyanna) and are extremely helpful.

In this case it is Chris......SKICHRIS

It is so nice to read something kind......instead of snarkiness and negativity which happens on many sites.

Thank you.sending it right now.

Just a quick update. Arrived in Aruba, found an Ecotech Office in Noord at Shaba. Its shared with ATCO (The Cement, Paving Company). Office is more or less opposite the Do It Centre next to a bakery. Normal contract is for a minimum of 12 months, but the kind lady on the desk made a call and I was permitted to take out a 6 month contract. Money paid in advance and a massive bin was delivered the next day. Pick ups have been in the early (very early..) hours of Sunday morning.. Seems to be a good and reliable service so far... No recycling bins etc provided though and despite lots of Ecotech advertising on leaflets and drinks cans saying "Please Recycle" nobody can tell me (even Ecotech !!) where I should take my cans/cardboard etc to.... If I find out more I will pass it in.....
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 12-10-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Also spoke to Elmar as all emails had been ignored... The website has been down for 12 weeks because of a (embarrassed and lengthy pause by Elmar Employee) technical issue.. When asked how non Aruba residents not on the island could view or pay their bills there was no answer apart from "The website should be working again soon". When I asked when ? The reply was " Sometime at the end of January... . Sounds like a serious issue..

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    Just a quick update. Arrived in Aruba, found an Ecotech Office in Noord at Shaba. Its shared with ATCO (The Cement, Paving Company). Office is more or less opposite the Do It Centre next to a bakery. Normal contract is for a minimum of 12 months, but the kind lady on the desk made a call and I was permitted to take out a 6 month contract. Money paid in advance and a massive bin was delivered the next day. Pick ups have been in the early (very early..) hours of Sunday morning.. Seems to be a good and reliable service so far... No recycling bins etc provided though and despite lots of Ecotech advertising on leaflets and drinks cans saying "Please Recycle" nobody can tell me (even Ecotech !!) where I should take my cans/cardboard etc to.... If I find out more I will pass it in.....
    We ended up taking our recycling to the dump where they had separate bins. No battery disposal though.

What's the difference? Ecotech and Serlimar share the same rotten dump

seems like Aruba is inching closer to become a Brooklyn, New York

I have Elmar and am very happy with their service. The only issue (not a complaint at all a just an annoyance) I have with them is they pick up trash in my neighborhood between 2am-3am every Wednesday. All the area dogs start to bark like a party is going on. That forces me to get up and drink a Chill...

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I have Elmar and am very happy with their service. The only issue (not a complaint at all a just an annoyance) I have with them is they pick up trash in my neighborhood between 2am-3am every Wednesday. All the area dogs start to bark like a party is going on. That forces me to get up and drink a Chill...
    David, you make me smile! Do you have electric garbage? Elmar is the electricity company. (Lol )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast