Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Serlimar or Ecotech ??

I can't blame that mistake on my iPad auto correct... I meant to type Ecotech.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I can't blame that mistake on my iPad auto correct... I meant to type Ecotech.
    Ah......thought it might be Balashi induced creative writing

In the past the garbage pickup was included in the property taxes, but AVP needed more money so the make as pay now separately. When they ran for government about 6 years ago, they promised to get rid of the 3% BBO, now we are up to 3.5% plus the additional 10% for the garbage pickup. Talking about keeping promises! And this in a country with the highest income tax worldwide.
    Oh well, needed to get this off my chest.
    So here is the question.
    I'm confused now with Serlimar. On their web-sites it says that they will take 1 - 33 Gallon bag with yard waste once a week but if you dig further on their web-site it says that they will not take any yard waste. This spring I went to their office and paid the bill and received a new garbage can the next day. In addition to filling the garbage can with kitchen waste I put some pretty large (55 gallons) bags out filled with yard waste and they took it every time. I sometimes even put out 5 bags of yard waste and it was gone. Now however they refuse even to take one bag of yard waste. I paid in full for this year so I guess I will not get my money back if I cancel the service. But the big question is - is the charge for Serlimar mandatory (I heard this from some of my Aruban friends).

Quote Originally Posted by Wernerjb View Post
    In the past the garbage pickup was included in the property taxes, but AVP needed more money so the make as pay now separately. When they ran for government about 6 years ago, they promised to get rid of the 3% BBO, now we are up to 3.5% plus the additional 10% for the garbage pickup. Talking about keeping promises! And this in a country with the highest income tax worldwide.
    Oh well, needed to get this off my chest.
    So here is the question.
    I'm confused now with Serlimar. On their web-sites it says that they will take 1 - 33 Gallon bag with yard waste once a week but if you dig further on their web-site it says that they will not take any yard waste. This spring I went to their office and paid the bill and received a new garbage can the next day. In addition to filling the garbage can with kitchen waste I put some pretty large (55 gallons) bags out filled with yard waste and they took it every time. I sometimes even put out 5 bags of yard waste and it was gone. Now however they refuse even to take one bag of yard waste. I paid in full for this year so I guess I will not get my money back if I cancel the service. But the big question is - is the charge for Serlimar mandatory (I heard this from some of my Aruban friends).
    In the end we simply sent Serlimar an email informing them that we no longer required garbage collection and requested acknowledgement which they provided.

We then just went into the Ecotech/Atco Office situated at Shaba and signed up with Ecotech. Really nice lady in there arranged for us to only have a 6 month contract (rather than the usual 12 months) as we are only on the island for that period. We paid in advance and the garbage bin was delivered within a few days and collections started that week. No further bills received from Serlimar...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234