Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By aquaman

Thread: Setar Internet

Setar Internet

What's with all the short outages with the Setar Internet? Recently it has been up and down more often that a toilet seat in an outbreak of diaherra. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    What's with all the short outages with the Setar Internet? Recently it has been up and down more often that a toilet seat in an outbreak of diaherra. Very frustrating.
    Hello John. How long do you have a Setar router?
    We had similar issue but last month, we went to Setar and aaked for replacement. The new router working much better and more stable. I hope it will solve your problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Hello John. How long do you have a Setar router?
    We had similar issue but last month, we went to Setar and aaked for replacement. The new router working much better and more stable. I hope it will solve your problem too.
    Already on our 2nd router. Seems they have had configuration issues with some routers but the problem we e perience is with one of their lookup servers. And yes they admit it. Sad part is even though we were down for 2 weeks solid, they won't give a credit or billing adjustment. I consider it to be fraud when an organization advertises a product or service that the bill for but cannot deliver.

Oh well. TIA.....This Is Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    moving this to property owners sectin as it seems to be the more appropriate category

Hi...yep there are better units than the Arris ones deployed by Setar. I tried to see if I could use another and was told succinctly by Setar....NO. Even if you get the config info they will block it from authenticating. They map the MAC address of the router to your account profile. One way to protect the monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi...yep there are better units than the Arris ones deployed by Setar. I tried to see if I could use another and was told succinctly by Setar....NO. Even if you get the config info they will block it from authenticating. They map the MAC address of the router to your account profile. One way to protect the monopoly
    That's actually an LTE modem-router (i.e. No cable/DSL involved). Works like a charm but we don't have a year-round plan with any of the providers yet so we've only tested it out with our interim mobile SIM. The performance and stability has been better than the land-based cable internet.
    Last edited by act1966; 02-12-2017 at 09:46 AM.