Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tellme200@email.com

Thread: Shipping To Aruba

Cool Shipping To Aruba

Hi all - I recently purchased a condo near Eagle Beach, which I am both personally using and renting to vacationers. In order to stock the unit properly I had to purchase and ship goods to my manager as I could not take everything I needed in my luggage when I set it up, and the goods were not easily available at Aruban stores. I did a ton of research and finally found a great resource - Flycrates.com. Please be aware I am not at all connected to Flycrates, but I was so impressed with their services, speed, pricing, the ease of ordering and their professionalism that I want to promote them. This is how it works:

You have to order from Amazon, and only PRIME items can be ordered, but that shouldn't be a problem with most people.
    You go to Flycrates.com
    You choose the country you are shipping to, fill in a Flycrates cart with your items, and then Flycrates purchases the items and ships them to their Flycrates facility. You pay Flycrates for the items, the shipping costs (very reasonable), and the customs fees. They then ship the items to your Aruba destination address via DHL.

My experience: From the day I ordered my items, Flycrates had the items in Aruba at customs in 3 DAYS !!! My items were held at customs for a few more days due to the inadequacies/slowness/bureaucracy/ etc. of the customs situation there. Had customs processed the items quickly my management company would have received the items on day 4 as DHL is efficient.

Tom

That's good info, thanks.

Good to know. Can you use them for other items not purchased on Amazon? I want to have some of my photos made into canvas prints for our condo in Aruba.

Very interesting. I have a question. Do you still have to pay morefee at Arubian Custom to release items to you? Have experience when item itself cost $25 and custom fee in Aruba was $40. Plus shipping expences.

Only items purchased via Amazon Prime can be ordered. Obviously you have to be a paid member of Prime.

You do not pay additional fees at Customs - Flycrates calculates and pays it for you (obviously you pay them for it when ordering your items.) No experience with $25 items though. In my opinion it doesn't pay to buy something for $25 via Amazon and ship only that down to Aruba - the shipping costs/etc will be higher than the item. Best to mail an item that cheap there.