Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Swimming Pool Construction

Swimming Pool Construction

Hi, I am planning on having a swimming pool installed at my vacation home in Aruba. I am curious and would like to hear from others their experience in doing this. I would like to know both good and bad. If possible, the approximate costs, availability of materials and labour, the length of time to build and so on. My property is in the Noord area.

Also, if you have a recommendation on a pool company I would like to know. I will be on the island June1-8 and will be meeting with contractors then.

Thanks

Aquaman

Pool

I am using Willys Pools on the island. I had checked a lot of other recources and polled several people on the island on this same subject. I am moving in my new home May 31st and will be there until June 8th. If would like you can come by my house and take a look first hand at their work and I can fill you in on what I know? Email me direct: steventford@insightbb.com
    I am in Gold Coast Villas.

Watapana Pool Service is also good. I'm going to have them build my pool later this year. They have a very nice woman who speaks more languages than I can count. They've done plenty of work in Tierra del Sol and have a fleet of service trucks about the island. Give them a call at a minimum. They are also located not far from you.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

We had our building contractor install our pool. So far very satisfied. I know of several other homes on the island tht he is also installing pools for.
    we did get a quotation from Willy's and according to my records it was 1300 florins per sq meter plus digging and electrical installation. Do not remember if this included pump house or not.This was in Nov. of 07 pricing.
    You may also want to request that your pumps be wired for 220 volts s this may save a bit on your ELMAR Bill.
    However I m looking for a pool service Co. Does Watapana offer pool maint. service.
    We are receiving the keys to our home on May 25th
    www.arubaholidayhouse.com
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Pool question...continued.

I am also wanting to find out about others experience using Baumanite (?). I have been told by some locals that it is better to use this as opposed to interlocking for the pool decking. Others, however, are telling me that besause of the sun and heat it's life expectancy is very short...like around 2 years and then it needs replacement.

Can any speak from experience with this product??

Aquaman

Watapana has maintenance service. Baumanite I don't know much about. It is stamped and colored concrete. I would think it would last longer than 2 years. But am not sure. Just remember, what you cover with concrete will be difficult to dig up if you ever have to.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Willy's

We've had Bomanite around the pool for 6 years - every two or 3 years, you need to power wash it and seal it. It still looks great!

Smile Pool construction

Just got back from our house in Aruba. Got 4 quotes for pool construction (Willys, Beach too Far, Crystal and Quality) went with Willys in the end. Everyone was about the same price roughly AFL50,000 all in except the electrical to the pump house. We do have solid rock ground where we are as can be seen by the pool being dug right next door so our excavation charge is quite high. We liked the experience that Willy's has and well Willy seemed like a nice guy. I am intrigued with the idea from Crystal of their pool system. Does anyone have any experience with the different pool types (salt, chlorine or the clear water one?)

Swimming Pool construction

I am in the process of finally selecting a company to build a swimmimg pool at my villa in Aruba. It will be a rectangular 30mx9m pool and fairly silmple in design. I would be interested in tips and things to look out for/avoid from others who have been through this. I am currently looking at the following companies: Crystal Pools, Willys, H2O Pools. I would be interested to hear from others who have used any of these companies, or wish to recommend others. I will be on the island April 7th and meeting with representatives from companies. I hope to make the final decision while there and award the job.

Thank you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast