Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Swimming Pool Construction

PM me for more info....

Too complicated to address on the board

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

30m x 9m is a HUGE pool. Are you sure about those measurements. This is about 30-50% of a normal plot in Aruba and bigger than many hotel pools ;-).
    (100 foot x 30 foot). Lucky you, but if your measurements ARE right, I hope that you have factored in the evaporation of water as that bill alone will be HUGE in a pool like that.

The biggest of the companies you mentioned is by far Willy's Pool, but that doesn't necessarily make them the best.

They built my pool and I am ok happy with it.

Ongoing pool service is a different matter, that should be addressed in a different thread, but it is normally a good idea to get the pool service from the company that build the pool, at least in the years where you have a warranty. This way there will be no one else to blame if something is wrong.

Good luck with the project.

Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 03-24-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Whooooooooooops

Thanks for pointing that out. Added 1 too many 0 at the 3m level. Gave me a good chuckle though. I guess I could also ask them to raise my home and place it on floating pontoons in my 30m pool!!!! I seem to have strange issues with numerical items and Aruba. When I purchased and sent the money there to the notary, my bank called all sweaty asking when I was going to pickup the money!!! They insisted it had not been sent to the notary and demanded I go and get it. Boy, was I tempted. Oh, well

Thanks again

Still can't get the "US" verses "Metric" thing down after 4 years. Don't EVER ask me for measurement in either - I am not good at it at all! So I share you pain!

Pool Disaster

I built a pool in Aruba and it was just finished a few days ago (finally). The company I hired was a disaster and quite rude in their behavior. Also, I did not get the amount of jets as well as the Diamond bright color which was specified in the contract. At the end they told me that the warranty would only apply if I used their weekly pool service to scare me to sign up with them.
    Never again will I hire this company (not even for pool service) and rather look for the beach which is not very far (get the hint).
    Stay well everybody and be careful out there.

I have recently had a similar disaster with a pool company on the island. The saga is still not over. They tried to insist on most of the money up front, misrepresented how much work had been completed and have been a complete nightmare to deal with from begining to end.

PM me for details if required...

One hint about Aruba - NEVER give them much money up front and NEVER pay them everything until the job is finished to YOUR satisfaction. We have had construction guys who we used several times. Made the mistake once to pay them off when they asked - they had not finished yet but we had dealt with them in the past. Never saw them again... happens alot here.

Have heard horror stories about the beachy company and others.
    Know that aqua man is happy (last I heard from him) with his pool
    company...

Also if you need a guy to service your pool PM me. Very reliable.

Pool

Yes, I am completely happy. All promises have been fully met!! Work has been done cleanly and on time.

If anyone wants more info please PM me.

( And NO. I don't own the company or have any relatives in it lol)

I can vouch for Aquaman - I gave him the name of the people
    who did our pool. I am also not associated with them either!
    Wish I was - might have gotten a good discount

I hired a pool company to service my pool twice a week but I'm not happy. They miss spots when they vacuum the pool, the walk with their equipent throught my stome areas living trails instead of using the walk ways, etc. I'm not even sure they service my pool twice weekly since the are supposed to leave a report each time they come and sometimes I get only one report a week. There are other issues as well. One I send an e-mail to the compnay mentioning that the pool does not look clean and the reponse I got back was and I quote. "You have to hire a full time pool boy if you except the pool to be perfect".
    Any suggestions with phone numbers would be helpful.
    Also you can e-mail me at werner@postcardusa.com
    Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast