Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Swimming Pool Construction

Hi Lizzardo & Aquaman,

Can you please send me the details of the company that built your pool. How long did it take?

Thank you for your help.

the uncrowded beaches all around the island
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I am in the process of finally selecting a company to build a swimmimg pool at my villa in Aruba. It will be a rectangular 30mx9m pool and fairly silmple in design. I would be interested in tips and things to look out for/avoid from others who have been through this. I am currently looking at the following companies: Crystal Pools, Willys, H2O Pools. I would be interested to hear from others who have used any of these companies, or wish to recommend others. I will be on the island April 7th and meeting with representatives from companies. I hope to make the final decision while there and award the job.

Thank you
    Crystal Pools will be your first choice. They can also install an Eco-Smarte System, which keeps chlorine out of your pool. Healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by ITIE View Post
    Hi Lizzardo & Aquaman,

Can you please send me the details of the company that built your pool. How long did it take?

Thank you for your help.
    The concrete, once poured, has to cure for a minimum of 28 days, so it normally takes 2 months to complete a pool from the start of digging...........

Quote Originally Posted by Wernerjb View Post
    I hired a pool company to service my pool twice a week but I'm not happy. They miss spots when they vacuum the pool, the walk with their equipent throught my stome areas living trails instead of using the walk ways, etc. I'm not even sure they service my pool twice weekly since the are supposed to leave a report each time they come and sometimes I get only one report a week. There are other issues as well. One I send an e-mail to the compnay mentioning that the pool does not look clean and the reponse I got back was and I quote. "You have to hire a full time pool boy if you except the pool to be perfect".
    Any suggestions with phone numbers would be helpful.
    Also you can e-mail me at werner@postcardusa.com
    Thanks
    Try Crystal Pools at : 587-0024

Tell them that if there are holidays during a week that they must make up for it and still come twice that week! Tell them you want notes left to know they've been there. A property mgr. comes in handy to check on things like this!

You want to use H20 pools for construction. Have heard nothing but good things and aquaman was very pleased. Beware of all the others on the island - I can tell you such stories - from workers who leave the minute you leave your house to warranties that only apply if you use their company for weekly maintence. PM me for contact info for who does our daily pool maintence and the H20 pool guy.

We are in the process at looking for property, and asked about pools. The advise from someone who lives in Aruba was Crystal pools are the most profesional.

Looking for a good swimming pool builder

Hi my name is Shane and I need some info since I am new on the island:

I am looking for a reliable (I've heard a lot of horror stories...) swimming-pool builder since I just bought a property in Noord. Preferably one that also has a maintenance department.
    Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance, gr,

Shane Collins

Aruba since 1979
    shane i am copying this and posting to the "moving to aruba category"

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneUSA View Post
    Hi my name is Shane and I need some info since I am new on the island:

I am looking for a reliable (I've heard a lot of horror stories...) swimming-pool builder since I just bought a property in Noord. Preferably one that also has a maintenance department.
    Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance, gr,

Shane Collins

Aruba since 1979

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    Shane, you should PM Aquaman and Liz. They both used Tim Schmidt who owns H2O and were very pleased. I have interviewed Tim and will be using him when the time comes to build but I can't give you any first-hand experience like they can. Tell him Alicia from Koyari sent you his way.

H2O-Pools, Builders, Suppliers & Maintenance NV
    Stadionweg 8
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    Tel./ Fax: #297-5825157 or 5830317
    Cell: #297-5926208 or 7333623

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast