• 2 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By GETA62
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 2 Post By act1966

Thread: Tado

Tado

We bought one of these in Europe and it's been working great - a good way to control your A/C remotely (and check it when you've left for the airport and think, "did we turn the a/c off?!?"):

https://www.tado.com/gb/smart-air-conditioner

It functions also as a thermostat with the inverter a/c so you can have it set to go off if the house temp goes above a certain level.

It only controls one unit (i.e. Not all the units in your house) so, if you want to control multiple room airco units, you'll need one for each one.

Technology really is amazing
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'm hoping we can get "smart" a/c units soon.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We bought one of these in Europe and it's been working great - a good way to control your A/C remotely (and check it when you've left for the airport and think, "did we turn the a/c off?!?"):

https://www.tado.com/gb/smart-air-conditioner

It functions also as a thermostat with the inverter a/c so you can have it set to go off if the house temp goes above a certain level.

It only controls one unit (i.e. Not all the units in your house) so, if you want to control multiple room airco units, you'll need one for each one.

Looks and sound very promising. Are you happy with the performance of this gadget? There are quiet few negative reviews on Amazon.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Looks and sound very promising. Are you happy with the performance of this gadget? There are quiet few negative reviews on Amazon.
    Thank you.
    It was tricky to set up and deal with their German call center but, now that it's up and running, it's working great.

I would think you would never have trouble with anything electronic. As longs as it works you are all set.

Aruba since 1979
    the wall mounted airco?
    i know they are a form of central air conditioning. do you need one in each room ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the wall mounted airco?
    i know they are a form of central air conditioning. do you need one in each room ?
    Most Aruba houses have inverter air conditioners... They put them in each room for better control. Central air isn't as common as it is in North America.