Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Update on getting our house back from the Lawyer/renter

Update on getting our house back from the Lawyer/renter

Still nothing. Did some stuff... now to wait. Never heard back from anyone in the Gov't, bar association for more info or the real estate people I had dealt with previously. Do have one real estate person who stepped up to the plate because he was embarrassed for what happened but not much he can do now. Surprised the real estate people didn't even reply since their market may be tarnished. One did but it was a denial all the way.

I hate this so bad

What about driving the tenant out? Turn off the utilities (electrical, water), change the locks, etc.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to plan an extended stay on the island to be able to handle this issue in person. I can't imagine it is an easy task trying to deal from another country.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    that would be illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    What about driving the tenant out? Turn off the utilities (electrical, water), change the locks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that would be illegal
    It has sounded like 'legal' is relative in this situation.

well, it may be illegal in the US, but Aruba may not have the same laws as we do....I think as an owner he should be able to turn off anything he wants in order to get his house back.....BTW, since I am not sure of whole story...what exactly happened ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    well, it may be illegal in the US, but Aruba may not have the same laws as we do....I think as an owner he should be able to turn off anything he wants in order to get his house back.....BTW, since I am not sure of whole story...what exactly happened ???
    It's a long story, here is the link http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/probl...-owners-60433/

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!

So sorry Liz

Liz,

It's Alicia and Gail from Koyari. I can't believe the last time I saw you we were sitting in my patio in Aruba and you were telling us how happy you were to rent it. I am reading this thread (the earlier one)for the first time and I am just speechless. I can't believe what you are going through but knowing first hand how slanted the laws are towards "criminal rights", sadly it does not surprise me at all what you are dealing with.Dutch laws are a joke. It's that simple and I have learned that the hard way. Aruba is all smoke and mirrors. From Govt agencies to police, they are allutterly lazy and incompetent and the Govt agencies can't/won't help those that have invested in their island. It was a rude awakening for me as well. PM me if you want to speak live. Just moved down to Fla as well.

For those of you thinking of investing in Aruba- Don't. If Liz's saga isn'tenough I can provide more framework why Aruba is not a good investment.

Andrea- pls don't delete. It’s important everyone understands what they are dealing with. After all, this is the forum for those potentially considering amove to Aruba

I also have a sour taste in my mouth about Aruba. I will be selling my home and will never step foot on that abominal island again. Very sad.

My neighbor is an attorney and very well connected in Aruba. PM me if you want his name. Happy to call him and do an intro.

Best to you and Mick,

Alicia
    Last edited by cubella59; 09-27-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubella59 View Post

For those of you thinking of investing in Aruba- Don't. If Liz's saga isn'tenough I can provide more framework why Aruba is not a good investment.

Alicia
    Ouch. It would be nice to hear a counter view. It can't ALL be bad, can it? I know this is one story of rental-gone-bad but I can think of five of the same story that have happened to friends here in Canada.

i have more then five here in New York.Aruba nowhere even close to what is up here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast