Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Update on getting our house back from the Lawyer/renter

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Still nothing. Did some stuff... now to wait. Never heard back from anyone in the Gov't, bar association for more info or the real estate people I had dealt with previously. Do have one real estate person who stepped up to the plate because he was embarrassed for what happened but not much he can do now. Surprised the real estate people didn't even reply since their market may be tarnished. One did but it was a denial all the way.

I hate this so bad
    Hi Liz,

So sorry to hear that the problem is still not solved. It really sounds unbelievable that it's dragging on for so long now.

It sounds, you are still waiting on something. Maybe/hopefully there is still some hope that the matter comes to an end and you get your property back.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and strength.

Laws aside, I cannot believe how utterly void of common sense the whole thing is!! Good luck. Wish there was something we could all do!

I sure wish so too. Some people from the boards wrote to some places but everything got deleted and locked. Nothing happened / no idea who wrote.
    I swear - if someone was smart with connections and wanted to restore some of the harm this thing has take one - they would either approach us
    or him. Tell him to leave or just buy our house and get rid of us. Now that doesn't mean we wouldn't find another house but prob. that is what would
    happen or not.

Aruba since 1979
    the reason some things on this forum/board were locked was becacuse one of the forum members had posted personal contact info for your renter.
    totally not allowed.

I totally agree with you Andrea. All this stuff happened while I was bedridden. I have always been very careful about telling anyone the names of the whole host of people involved. But I understand that these people just wanted to help and someone found out his/her name somehow. Island is pretty small and everyone kinda does know everything going arrive. They had good hearts and I am still touched by how much people care about each others on these boards. Nothing came of it that I know of but it was all well intentioned. I think what made them really upset was the renter's remarks about Americans and how they should "watch the dutch" to learn how to act (or something like that). Still waiting....Aruba time is Aruba time.

Still saying prayers and also praying for Karma for this guy, boy when that hits, watch out it is going to be bad! You just can't be bad your whole life!

Hate to keep posting this but here is my update. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years everyone!

We are still waiting.....we are close but with the holidays everything slows down to a crawl if you can believe it. So it's been over 2 years last Nov. We contacted him the sept before that that we did not want to renew so you can count. All I know is this nightmare needs to end. We need and should get our house back. We have tried everything and have a strategy but it's just taking a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and thoughts! Love you all!
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Hate to keep posting this but here is my update. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years everyone!

We are still waiting.....we are close but with the holidays everything slows down to a crawl if you can believe it. So it's been over 2 years last Nov. We contacted him the sept before that that we did not want to renew so you can count. All I know is this nightmare needs to end. We need and should get our house back. We have tried everything and have a strategy but it's just taking a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and thoughts! Love you all!
    Thanks for the update! Hang in there! Hope to get your house back sooner than later.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Happy New Year!! Says g prayers that this is the year it all gets resolved!!!!

Continued wishes for some good luck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast