Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Update on getting our house back from the Lawyer/renter

Well we are still waiting. Sometimes I can not believe how slow Aruba can be!

Just got an email from someone asking what is going on. Well stuff is going on, not sure what it is but looks like something might happen. Pray that it's in our favor this time. I really could use something good happening to me right now. I'm tired of all of this and really feeling down.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Just got an email from someone asking what is going on. Well stuff is going on, not sure what it is but looks like something might happen. Pray that it's in our favor this time. I really could use something good happening to me right now. I'm tired of all of this and really feeling down.

Prayers and thoughts heading you way... could go there myself and take them out.
    Cathi

Many prayers that you will finally get the news you have been waiting so long for!!

Aruba since 1979
    frustrating and consuming!
    i hope that all is resolved soon.

Hoping it's all good
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Praying that you get good news.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I'm sending positive thoughts your way and hope that you receive finally the good news you have been waiting for so long!

Some people have asked me for names of the people involved. I just want to put this out there. This is the same thing I posted on the other board:

I wish I could name names - but someone figured out who was in the house because I had said it was a lawyer - all hell broke loose and the moderator had to delete the thread. Someone emailed the renter's law firm and got a response from the renter stating a lot of negative things about Americans and how we could all learn from the dutch. Not commenting - just reporting. He is a jackass and I don't think there is anything I could do that would make him change his mind. I and others have contacted every minister related to this situation and have gotten no help. The Aruban bar system will not do anything. So if anyone
    has any people or ideas that would help - please PM me.

If you are interested in the real estate person who got me in this position.......I might let you know by PM
    The real estate people who I have dealt with except for one who is great - I would be really hesitant
    to use anyone one. But this person really screwed me and I was in a delicate situation - my mom
    was dying. Told me that it's great to have an upstanding professional in my house. The rent money
    had to be low because we were selling the house (which had to be taken off the market because of the
    lawsuit) and there was a 90 day leave clause if the house sold. I was simply taken advantage of.
    The person gave us a contact - said it was a standard rental contract (I assumed (wrong) like it is
    in the US) and now I not really sure I have a contract. They have been in my house over 2 years now
    and there is not end date that they have to leave. So i'm just insane these days.

Thanks for the follow up and making it clear that it is not necessary to name the party(s) involved.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast