Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What Did or Do You Bring From Home

What Did or Do You Bring From Home

What items did you bring from home to furnish your property on the island? We're not referring to container items that were shipped, but smaller items in nature that will fit in checked luggage of standard regulation size and weight. And did you find it worth the cost and effort or would you have just bought those same items on the island? For example; Towels, linen, glassware, silverware etc..

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We brought some things we knew we couldn't get on the island: good towels and linens, a Nespresso and the pods, glassware, candles (we hate scented).

For the most part, you can find most things on the island if you're in a pinch.

We're thinking along the same lines. We have a couple of old suitcases that we'd bring one way and then toss. We've been to a number of stores on the island and see that most everything is available, but some items at a considerably higher cost. I myself would forgo the effort, but the wife is a coupon shopper and hates to pay full price for anything. Thank you for the input. It looks like I'll be lugging the old bag!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    i had no idea that you bought or are buying a home on aruba.
    i either missed the posting or forgot!
    wow, i am happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We're thinking along the same lines. We have a couple of old suitcases that we'd bring one way and then toss. We've been to a number of stores on the island and see that most everything is available, but some items at a considerably higher cost. I myself would forgo the effort, but the wife is a coupon shopper and hates to pay full price for anything. Thank you for the input. It looks like I'll be lugging the old bag!

It hasn't been announced yet as it's in process, but thank you! We've learned over the years that the deal is never done until it's done. We're suppose to close in March. So far everything is going smooth and on schedule, so we're waiting for our first hiccup. Hopefully it'll never comes.

Looking forward to hearing more about your place when the time is right.

Just watch for the closing date: it can be a bit of a moving target in Aruba. You don't have to be present for closing if you can't make it - you just need someone (e.g. property manager) to represent you on closing day at the notary. It can't be your real estate agent (if you used one).

It hasn't been announced yet as it's in process, but thank you! We've learned over the years that the deal is never done until it's done. We're suppose to close in March. So far everything is going smooth and on schedule, so we're waiting for our first hiccup. Hopefully it'll never comes.

I forgot one thing we brought and I'm glad we remembered them: insulated grocery bags - the square, boxy kind with the lid that folds over... the recyclable bags on the island leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure they'll catch up with the rest of the world at some point. They collapse flat so won't take up too much space in your luggage.

We chose our new condo and it's location for a number of reasons. First off it was within our budget, secondly the location, and lastly the developers. We wanted to be in a small gated community that had 24hr. security and was within easy walking distance to the beach. We also wanted to be able to rent our unit and will be doing so when it becomes available. It's a one bedroom, one bath and will be offered as a couple's retreat. From our conversations with the developer the rates look to be very competitive.

During our last trip we stayed at the Tropicana and realized how easy it was to walk over to Eagle Beach. This property is a little bit shorter in distance and is easily walkable to the beach in five minutes or less. It is also located very close to one of the many finer restaurants on the island. We also realized that an Ocean view really didn't matter much to us, especially when we could easily walk to the beach whenever we chose to.

We're also waiting for the resort's website to go live, which should be next Month, which will provide much more information.

More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Looking forward to hearing more about your place when the time is right.

We chose our new condo and it's location for a number of reasons. First off it was within our budget, secondly the location, and lastly the developers. We wanted to be in a small gated community that had 24hr. security and was within easy walking distance to the beach. We also wanted to be able to rent our unit and will be doing so when it becomes available. It's a one bedroom, one bath and will be offered as a couple's retreat. From our conversations with the developer the rates look to be very competitive.

During our last trip we stayed at the Tropicana and realized how easy it was to walk over to Eagle Beach. This property is a little bit shorter in distance and is easily walkable to the beach in five minutes or less. It is also located very close to one of the many finer restaurants on the island. We also realized that an Ocean view really didn't matter much to us, especially when we could easily walk to the beach whenever we chose to.

We're also waiting for the resort's website to go live, which should be next Month, which will provide much more information.

More to come...
    So exciting!!! Can't wait for more info
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast