Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

1 orphan kitten needs a home!!!

Hi

We have one orphaned kitten left - Pebbles for immediate adoption.
    If you have room in your home and heart - she needs a home sp bad.
    Her mother had been poisoned and she is a beautiful little kitten
    with a great personality. She gets along with all the other cats
    in the house and would love to be your cat.

Please help us!!! We will be updating the site when we get a chance
    so you can see how beautiful she is. She's a silver tiger and
    very soft.

Thanks so much!
    Liz

Greetings, and blessings to you for the work you're doing...
    I can't say that enough.
    I was just reading one of the threads, the one about Harry the hotel cat.
    I have a question if I may... is that the little character that used to "live" at the Tamarijn/Divi?
    When I read the description of him, that was the first thing that came to mind, and as I remember, I was one of his "regulars". He always seemed to know when my Lady and I were around, but then again, we're kinda soft touches when it comes to felines.

And, sorry, no, as much as we'd love to, we're not in a position to adopt....
    Our one is more than enough... honest.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Thanks for your kind words. Harry was found at the Playa Linda. However I do have a heart breaking story about a "Harry like" cat at the Divi. I was contacted by a family from CA who fell in love with a lovable character and was prepared to take him home. We took him to the vet and he had feline lukemia. The vet said he couldn't leave the island and we had to put him to sleep. I can't tell you how
    all of us were crying and how great the vet was who was also crying in this matter. But we were comforted that he left this world in the arms of someone
    who loved him and he suffered no pain.

Unlike some org. on the island - we always recommend a test on these guys when they are age appropriate (usually 6 months old). Some orgs. actually spay and release them back to the hotel w/o these tests. That really breaks my heart because they will have a horrible death and spread it to the rest of the cats.

Sorry to relate a sad story like that - but people need to know the reality of the cat situation here. There is only 1 shelter that accepts cats and it's usually full. That is why my kitten rescue operation means so much to me and how every adoption is a major blessing and source of joy for us. After spending so much time bottle feeding these babies who would otherwise just be left to die because no one does this kind of work - to get them a home is a miracle.

The US offers so much for unwanted/abondoned animals - here we don't have anything. That is why when someone asks "why an aruban cat" - is because they have very little options here on the island.

Aruba does not currently have any spay/neuter program on this island. One of my next tasks will be to set up a program that goes directly to the vet who can choose people in need of assistance and to educate them in the office while they are there with their pet.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    OMG,, i just looked at Pebbles on your website.. She is gorgeous! I wish so much I could take her... she is truly precious.

Thanks for that info about the Divi/Tamarijn kitty... in 2008 he was "living" at the Tam, last year it was the Divi. He was one of the things that kept my Lady and I from missing our feline roommate here at home.

We're sorry to hear he's gone, though happy to hear that he went in comfort with people that cared and showed it. We'll miss him.

Bless you for your efforts on behalf of the little ones....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    Please keep in mind Pete and I will be in Aruba soon. If you find a family willing to pick a kitten up in the States when we return on Sunday night 27 September we will be happy to help transport one back.

Pete will be flying back to Nashville, TN
    I will be flying back to Las Vegas, NV.

I will e-mail you this week for an updated list of supplies needed from the States.
    Gin