Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By arubabob

Thread: 13 days and counting.......

Cool 13 days and counting.......

With 12 days and counting until my 17th visit and my wife and i fourth visit together, what are some new things we can try.
    Looking to maybe explore some secluded beaches for snorkeling, check out any new restaurants etc.... With this being my 17th visit I feel like I have covered a lot of the island and what it has to offer. I am by no means bored of Aruba that's for sure. just reaching out to see if I have missed a "must do" Any recommendations are appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    if you are looking for some new eateries.....check out the culinary category.
    if you have never been to barneys restaurant/bar, i would recommend a visit.
    scott's brats for breakfast or lunch on the beach at playa linda is terrific.

snorkeling at mangel halto is a great adventure with arubabob aka kent on this forum.
    he and his staff do a bang up job with snorkeling.
    2 thumbs up for arubabob snorkeling.

have you visited the arikok national park?

Andrea as always thanks for a quick response.
    We have never been to Scotts Brats so that is one we will have to cross off the list.
    Nothing against Kent as I have read many of times that his tour is AWESOME, but my personal preference is to venture out solo and go at our own pace.
    We have visited Arikok Park which was a great experience!

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i too like to snorkel alone, but the kent tour was one of our all time highlights.

when paul and i snorkel we go to catalina cove...it is a great spot and quiet if you get there before 9:30 am (the tour boats get there after 10)

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    Andrea as always thanks for a quick response.
    We have never been to Scotts Brats so that is one we will have to cross off the list.
    Nothing against Kent as I have read many of times that his tour is AWESOME, but my personal preference is to venture out solo and go at our own pace.
    We have visited Arikok Park which was a great experience!

Aruba since 1979
    a really odd (very odd) adventure is a trip to the pet cemetery .
    it is located near baby beach.
    if you are planning a trip down that way, take a half hour or so and walk among the graves and read the little headstones/memorials set up.
    it is sad, but fascinating.

there is also a place, shark's teeth hill
    it is an old quarry up past the ostrich farm
    there, (with permission of the quarry people) you can search for fossilized shark's teeth.
    we went about 8 yrs ago and it was fun (but filthy) and got a sandwich baggy full of shark's teeth...fossilized and they appear "wood like"

check out this very old thread shark teeth hill
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-30-2015 at 11:10 AM.

We really enjoyed renting the 2 seater Rhino Atvs from George's cycles. You can rent all day for $200 plus about $20 in gas at the end of the day. We had so much fun the first time we did it twice the same trip. It's better than a normal atv because you sit next to each other and can talk and point things out to each other.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Andrea , Tracy,

Thanks for your responses! Shark teeths hill sounds very interesting, I have not herd of that I will put this on the list!
    Also the two seater Rhino I might have to check out as well. I like to do activities that dont involve a whole group. Tracy were you allowed to take the ATV anywhere you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    Andrea , Tracy,

Thanks for your responses! Shark teeths hill sounds very interesting, I have not herd of that I will put this on the list!
    Also the two seater Rhino I might have to check out as well. I like to do activities that dont involve a whole group. Tracy were you allowed to take the ATV anywhere you wanted?
    Yes, but they do tell you not to take it to the Natural Pool. We spent one 1/2 day showing 1st timer friends the usual sites. Then the 2nd day we did a little more off roading in the national park and then did our own beach tour that i had researched before we left Home. I think we will do that again and add in food trucks to tthe experience
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We visited the Casibiri rock formations for the first time last June. If you haven't done that it is impressive.