Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 1st time land vacation to Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    Have a wonderful time. Welcome to the forum.
    you will find that you can get a proper answer on most things Aruba.bthis is a very knowledgeable group.

Thank you everyone, the info is very helpful. I had lots of question and can't think of all of them all now but I am sure as we prepare to leave Sat. a question or two will come up Off to do the forms!
    Last edited by Judyf; 03-21-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Banned
    interesting thread, I also have the same question

We bring the same foods as you along with coffee and tea,snacks for the beach,sugar packets and a box of crackers. If you drink there is a small duty free to the right of the luggage carousels. We usually stop at Lings (supermarket) on our way to our resort to get milk( for coffee and cereal),beer,soda and cheese( for the crackers) and some fruit. I would suggest bringing insulated cup for each as the water is drinkable and a collapsible cooler for the beach. A few resealable plastic bags come in handy also- then you can make a lunch from the crackers,cheese, peanut butter and fruit and bring them to the beach with you! Have fun!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Judyf View Post
    Any other tips on what to bring from home for Breakfast and lunch? Can I bring a small bottle of olive oil, I wanted to bring the one I have open so I don't need to bring it back home, it this ok? Or does it need to be sealed? Looking for other ideas, I might not have thought of.
    Hi Judy,
    I would not talk the risk bringing a small bottle of olive oil which has already been opened. If that olive oil leaks during transportation, you clothes and suitcase might get stained. There are excellent supermarkets in Aruba, prices might be slightly higher but you might discover some great groceries like cheese and cookies from Holland. They also have a variety of delicious bread, fruits, yogurt, wine etc. My favorite store was Superfoods, but I'm sure the others have great items as well. Here is their website including their opening hours:
    https://www.superfoodaruba.com/

If you bring your own coffee, don't forget to bring cone coffee filters as well (in case your condo has a coffee machine). But the supermarkets have as well a nice variety of coffee. I bought once one with vanilla flavor and liked it a lot.

Aruba's water quality is excellent. You can use the water from the faucet and store some in your fridge to have cool water available while in the condo or to go.

A new little restaurant called "Delicious" just opened recently. Their food looks fabulous! Here is a thread where it was discussed:
    the restaurant "Delicious"

Driving in Aruba: There are quite a bit of roundabouts. Not sure if you are familiar with the rules. In general:
    On roundabouts the traffic approaching the roundabout must yield to traffic that's already in the roundabout. In other words: traffic in the roundabout has the right of way and drivers entering the circles must wait for an opening.

Here are some street signs and rules:
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/get...c-signs-rules/

The sun in Aruba is very strong. As it has been already mentioned: bring sunscreen (at least 30 spf, a hat and sunglasses).

On your flight back to the USA: Allow yourself at least 3 hours prior of departure. You first will go to Aruba's customs. They you will enter a section which is USA customs (quite unique). The advantage is that you do not have to go again through US customs when arriving in the USA, you can catch your connecting flight right away.

But first: have a safe flight to Aruba, enjoy your vacation and if you have more questions, ask away!

Aruba since 1979
    I recommend bringing or buying Pam olive oil spray.
    It is fine to bring lots of staples as long as you have the room.
    If you don't have the room, superfood and Lings have great selections.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-21-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I put everything in gallon size zip top bags - shampoo, sunscreen, hair gel - everything. Just in case something opens during travel.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I put everything in gallon size zip top bags - shampoo, sunscreen, hair gel - everything. Just in case something opens during travel.
    I do the same thing and double bag them just in case!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Have a great time!!
    _____Wishing I was in Aruba!_________

Aruba since 1979
    HELLO aruba here i come!!
    it has been a long while.
    welcome back!!

Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    Have a great time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12