Thread: 2 aruba pups

Aruba since 1979

2 aruba pups

already here in the USA (RI)

age 10 weeks

both female

both wonderful.

if interested, private message me or member CHERYL or SUGAR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 aruba pups-285052_2057631035887_1097956574_32070338_7198078_n.jpg  

Thanks Andrea - they are the sweetest little things. Just brought these pups back from Aruba this past Wednesday. We rescued them from the "Kill Cages" Actually, we rescued 9 pups. four were about 7 weeks old - now they are 10 weeks and we also rescued 5 pups that were only about 2-3 weeks old. They weighed under a pound! I had the pleasure of feeding them puppy formula from the bottle for about 10 days while I was there and they are still with Kathy until they are old enough to bring back.

Adorable little girls

Aruba since 1979
    Both Adopted :-)

Great news to hear they were adopted so quickly!! My heart goes out, every time I see a photo of these puppies. I have wanted to adopt a puppy forever, but given my work schedule at the moment, it just really wouldn't be fair. Next year at this time, I will be retired and I will have the time to devote to a new puppy or dog. I do wonder, however, about flying a puppy back to Boston. Since your have to be to the airport so many hours before and the flight is 5 hours, how do you manage the puppy stops, etc.

Aruba since 1979
    great question
    hope cheryl or sugar can answer as they have done it countless times

Puppy-stops are no problem. You just don't feed or give the pup water several hours before you fly. In case of an "accident" we put absorbent daipers or a towel in the carrier but for 5 hours they are usually dry. You can take the pup into the bathroom and it sometimes will pee or whatever on a paper or on a puppy daiper. Other passengers are usually facinated.
    I took a pup to Canada, had a stop in Maimi and another one in Newark. It all went fine.
    Stella

Aruba since 1979
    thanks stella!!
    i often wondered...... about the bladder issues of the pups?

Thanks for the response. The only anxiety I've had about adopting a puppy from Aruba has been the logistics of getting a puppy home.

The puppies usually sleep the entire flight. I transported 3 with help from volunteers in June and they all were perfect angels.

Kathy