Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2 persons killed by the Renaissance marketplace

It is questionable with the locals as to whether these guys were guilty of anything. They were definitely NOT armed so why were they shot so many times.
    A big investigtion is underway.
    From the videos I have seen, it looks like it was a miracle that innocent people were not shot in the crossfire.
    The SWAT team have well trained dogs, I wonder why they were not used instead of firing so many bullets in such a public place.
    P.S. there are always two sides to a story.
    Stella

It is wonderful to see these positive posts regarding the police work. I personnally know several Aruban Police and I can tell you they are professional and dedicated. And I add, sounds like a job well done.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    I was downtown that morning before and after the shooting - I missed the shooting by about 30 minutes. There was a very large cruise ship in port which we all know translates into a lot of tourists walking around. I am happy that I missed the "action" so to speak but saw the aftermath. The police had the whole downtown area sectioned off and were allowing only cars that were already in the area utilize LGS Blvd. What a crazy situation.

I wonder if these folks were linked to the jewelery store robberies in downtown Oranjestaad that occurred when we were there. They were pretty brazen. Good job Aruban police.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12