Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

2 Questions before leaving for Aruba this weekend.

Dear Friends:

Usually, we travel with family, but not this year. We usually split the cost of a car with the other families, but THIS YEAR we will NOT have access to a car, as my wife and I do not drive outside of the US. We will be in Aruba for two weeks and staying at the Divi Phoenix. My wife is a dedicated critical care nurse who must monitor/ follow -up on patients back home.

We have 2 questions before departure:

1. MOST URGENT!

We bought a Samsung phone in Aruba with a Digicel chip inside. How do we get / buy additional time on the phone? We have sent 3 e-mail messages to Digicel on their web page, and not received a response to any of our messages. The phone worked last year, and we will really need it this year. Internet is NOT an option,as her patients are very frail elders, and have no access to Internet.

Because we will NOT have access to a car this year, are there ANY REPUTABLE services on the island that will stock your refrigerator in advance with basic food staples? We dread the thought of doing two week's grocery shopping at Ling's for basics upon arrival or the next day.

Very grateful thanks for any advice you can offer us.

F + J Landry
    Boston, Ma.

Aruba since 1979
    hi there

1. there is a digicel kiosk at the airport.
    once you collect your luggage and then go thru aruba customs and enter the area where folks are waiting to meet friends/family...........the digicel kiosk will be on your right. they will tell u if your sim card is current and will sell u minutes too.

2.. go to LINGS website (google Lings grocery aruba) and there will be an option for an online grocery order!

Enjoy and have fun and safe travels
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandry1950 View Post
    Dear Friends:

Usually, we travel with family, but not this year. We usually split the cost of a car with the other families, but THIS YEAR we will NOT have access to a car, as my wife and I do not drive outside of the US. We will be in Aruba for two weeks and staying at the Divi Phoenix. My wife is a dedicated critical care nurse who must monitor/ follow -up on patients back home.

We have 2 questions before departure:

1. MOST URGENT!

We bought a Samsung phone in Aruba with a Digicel chip inside. How do we get / buy additional time on the phone? We have sent 3 e-mail messages to Digicel on their web page, and not received a response to any of our messages. The phone worked last year, and we will really need it this year. Internet is NOT an option,as her patients are very frail elders, and have no access to Internet.

Because we will NOT have access to a car this year, are there ANY REPUTABLE services on the island that will stock your refrigerator in advance with basic food staples? We dread the thought of doing two week's grocery shopping at Ling's for basics upon arrival or the next day.

Very grateful thanks for any advice you can offer us.

F + J Landry
    Boston, Ma.