Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Olympics

2010 Olympics

Well I have a hockey crazed husband and he won't go to Aruba if we can't see the Olympics/hockey on TV there!! We are planning on travelling on Feb. 27 or 28th next year but he won't go unless he has access to the Gold Medal game on TV.

I am assuming that a US network will carry the games and it will be available, DOES ANY ONE KNOW?? Being a Canadian we are not sure which US network carries the Olympics and if they are readily available in Aruba.

HELP............
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I would say that would be extremely difficult to predict.

If NBC still has the contract to broadcast the Olympics they usually broadcast the most popular events on their "main" channel, NBC. I do not know if there would be any guarantees if say figure skating were on at the same time (I have no preference to either sport, so no flames please ) that NBC wouldn't funnel the other events, such as say hockey, off to their other channels such as MSNBC. Is MSNBC widely available in Aruba? I do not know. I do know that the Tamarijn does not offer it.

A sportsbar would probably be your best bet but...again I doubt there would be a guarantee...

You might want to monitor the NBC website here - they seem to be in the middle of putting up their website:

http://www.15atv.com/

You should be albe to watch it somewhere but who knows at what time. It would also probably be possible to download it to a computer. Aruba is not exactly a hotbed of ice hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Aruba is not exactly a hotbed of ice hockey

LOL!!!! That is for sure! We enjoyed Buster's Garage as they had the hockey package. I was thinking about whether you could watch it on the computer, I will have to investigate that. Being that it is in Vancouver, it will be late due to the time difference.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Well I have a hockey crazed husband and he won't go to Aruba if we can't see the Olympics/hockey on TV there!! We are planning on travelling on Feb. 27 or 28th next year but he won't go unless he has access to the Gold Medal game on TV.
    Why is your husband so intent on watching the Czech Republic play Sweden?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

He is already planning for Canada to be in the Gold medal game

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    He is already planning for Canada to be in the Gold medal game
    Women's Team?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

There are many sports bars that have satellite TV. We were in Aruba first part of March and our small local college was playing in the MACC tournament. Went to Buster's Garage and they found the game for us. If they can get a game like that then I'm sure they'd be able to get the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Women's Team?
    ha ha
    Wouldn't that be amazing if it was US vs. Canada?? Wouldn't that be fun to do in Aruba?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast