Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

28 Days and Counting till Trip #3

Hi! Hello and Greetings to my fellow Aruba addicts
    Happy to report that as of yesterday (27/11/2013) I booked my flight to Aruba and will be spending ten glorious days on the Happy Island!!! Will be flying out of Trinidad on the 26th December, connecting through Curacao before touch down on Aruba. On my two previous visits I had flown over on Sunday, arriving on Curacao in the early afternoon before connecting and arriving on Aruba sometime around 7pm or 8pm at night. This time I figured that by flying in on a Thursday I would be arriving on Curacao early on Thursday morning (9am) and would be able to make a connecting flight that would depart in the early afternoon and arrive on Aruba in the daylight for a change. Where I would spend somewhere between four to six hours on Curacao on previous trips, this time I will be spending thirteen hours on the island. Then again, for the price that I got the round trip ticket for, 13hrs is okay compared to having to overnight.

Sigh!! Small price to pay if it means I get to spend ten days on Aruba. Luckily I know two individuals who live on Curacao, so if anything I could hand out with them for the day before going back to the airport for my flight. Or I could try to get on an earlier flight as a stand-by. (BTW does anyone know is Tiara Air does standby?) This should make for an interesting trip to the Happy Island. Rest assured I will write about and share it on the forum. Stay tuned!!
    Val The Trini Who Loves Aruba!!

Aruba since 1979
    isn't it amazing that even though trinidad/tobago is so close (direct flight would only be an hour)......that this is an all day and then some,adventure for you?!?!
    i hope that your ticket was almost free
    you should check tiara's website re standby (their FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Hi! Hello and Greetings to my fellow Aruba addicts
    Happy to report that as of yesterday (27/11/2013) I booked my flight to Aruba and will be spending ten glorious days on the Happy Island!!! Will be flying out of Trinidad on the 26th December, connecting through Curacao before touch down on Aruba. On my two previous visits I had flown over on Sunday, arriving on Curacao in the early afternoon before connecting and arriving on Aruba sometime around 7pm or 8pm at night. This time I figured that by flying in on a Thursday I would be arriving on Curacao early on Thursday morning (9am) and would be able to make a connecting flight that would depart in the early afternoon and arrive on Aruba in the daylight for a change. Where I would spend somewhere between four to six hours on Curacao on previous trips, this time I will be spending thirteen hours on the island. Then again, for the price that I got the round trip ticket for, 13hrs is okay compared to having to overnight.

Sigh!! Small price to pay if it means I get to spend ten days on Aruba. Luckily I know two individuals who live on Curacao, so if anything I could hand out with them for the day before going back to the airport for my flight. Or I could try to get on an earlier flight as a stand-by. (BTW does anyone know is Tiara Air does standby?) This should make for an interesting trip to the Happy Island. Rest assured I will write about and share it on the forum. Stay tuned!!
    Val The Trini Who Loves Aruba!!

I know what you mean Andrea. DAE was supposed to begin flight operations between Curacao and T&T, which would have meant for passengers connecting through to Aruba that they would have received their boarding pass for the connecting flight, skip immigration and go into the transit area and make their connection with a lot of time to spare. However with their financial demise put an end to that. I also found out that Insel used to fly into and out of T&T, however they closed off that route. Too bad though, a lot of people from T&T who are now beginning to discover Aruba and seeing it as an alternate destination for Carnival, Easter etc would have utilized their services. For now I am just happy to be visiting Aruba in December for ten days( first visit was four days, second visit was seven days.....increasing by three days), and chances are that I may be able to get an earlier flight over with Tiara Air as a standby passenger. If I can get in before six pm that would be great.