Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink 2nd visit -how is it in July ? Wind @ RIU? Advice for travel w mom

Hi everyone --

I stood @ The Raddison about 1.5 years ago in the fall & LOVEDDD it...totally fell in love with Aruba ! That visit I went with my now fiance. I found the island to be very romantic & sooo relaxing.

I am looking @ staying @ the RIU since my mom likes to have all our meals planned out & wanted to know how it is in July. I will definitely miss going to Madame Janettes

(we are probably going july 22 to 27)

Also I am a little concerned about the wind issue @ RIU (as I have read on TA it gets windy here)...I wonder if we go down by the Raddison end of the beach it won't be as bad? I am surprised since when we stood @ The Raddison there was no problem with wind whatsoever.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. I want to make sure my mom has the best time ever!! (For example good activities to do with mom, etc).

Thanks!

wow harsh!! 85 views and no responses!!

anyone? bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by peanut100 View Post
    wow harsh!! 85 views and no responses!!

anyone? bueller?
    The Riu is not discussed very often here in the forum. If I had to discuss that is the reason why you have not had any responses. Sorry.

lol, thanks so much for replying anyway! now i don't feel so unloved hahah!

i will be sure to post a review when i return!!

10 days woooo !!!!!!!!

Never been to aruba--let alone the Rui- But everything I read about Aruba-- its gonna be SUPER hot and you will need that wind.

Hi: We stayed at the Riu this last April and it was a bit windy, but it was welcomed, without it I think it would be too hot. You will love the Riu property, it is beautiful, the food was the best AL that I have had. We did go out though 3 times to sample the food as it was our first trip to Aruba, we are not doing AL on our next 2 trips Nov and April

Donna

Performed a search on the forum for "Riu" and found:
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/riu-palace-29521/#post103588

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Question

>>>> " it was a bit windy, but it was welcomed, without it I think it would be too hot."
    ----- Ditto. Usually most of the resorts are like that. You will welcome the wind if it gets hot.
    >>>> "(For example good activities to do with mom, etc)."
    ------ Did not say age of mom. Can she swim?
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 07-11-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lv2travel View Post
    Hi: We stayed at the Riu this last April and it was a bit windy, but it was welcomed, without it I think it would be too hot. You will love the Riu property, it is beautiful, the food was the best AL that I have had. We did go out though 3 times to sample the food as it was our first trip to Aruba, we are not doing AL on our next 2 trips Nov and April

Donna
    thanks so much for your reply...i am definitely going to miss going to madame janettes this time around! but i am traveling w my mom & i don't think i could go to madame j's without my fiance! that place is sooo romantic!

the one thing ive been concerned w is the wind specifically @ riu..ive read it's much windier there.. but it seems like ppl might have exaggerated a tad.

arubalisa i scoured the search too

what are some good mom-centric activities? i think most of our trip will be sitting on the beach, one day trip downtown to the shops & possibly one tour.

10 days to go !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peanut100 View Post
    what are some good mom-centric activities?
    If she is a first time visitor to the island, perhaps see some sights?
    Aruba's Finest Land Tour http://www.kinikini.com/kk/servlet/Tours#TR_0

"Sites to be visited- California Lighthouse
    - Alto Vista Chapel
    - Natural Bridge
    - Ayo Rock Formations
    - Bushiribana Ruins
    - Balashi Gold Mill Ruins
    - Oranjestad - Down Town (drop-off upon request)"

With a finish at 1 pm and the ability to be dropped off in Oranjestad it would be a good opportunity to have some lunch and do some shopping after your tour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast