Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 5 days to go!! Questions:

You can get the license plates at Scott's Brats, but to meet the man, the myth, the legend himself, you will need to go to his restaurant "Legends". It's a short walk from just about anywhere in Palm Beach. https://www.legendspubaruba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You can get the license plates at Scott's Brats, but to meet the man, the myth, the legend himself, you will need to go to his restaurant "Legends". It's a short walk from just about anywhere in Palm Beach. https://www.legendspubaruba.com/
    Good to know information. I thought he just had the brat stand. Does he hire locals to work it for him, or does he have family help? I was under the impression he manned it himself.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Sounds like we fly in the same day! I can't wait to get out of this snow and cold (in Michigan).
    Great advice here!
    I do the capris, tshirt and light zip up hoodie. I'm fine until I can get to our room and change into shorts.
    I use a small crossbody in the evenings. During the day I like to take a small backpack nylon type bag. I can keep essentials in it and throw in purchases here and there. Definitely bring a travel mug. I'm not sure where you're staying but at Divi they have small hard plastic cups. I hate how they sweat. Enjoy your trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi35 View Post
    Good to know information. I thought he just had the brat stand. Does he hire locals to work it for him, or does he have family help? I was under the impression he manned it himself.
    Originally he and Leslie worked the brat stand to near exhaustion every day but Sunday. Now they spend most of their time at Legends. Yes, they hire locals.

We travel much the same as most of you. Long sleeves and long pants for the plane and a change of clothes and flip flops in our backpacks. We change while getting our luggage, then on to the duty free before grabbing a cab. We ask the cab driver to make a stop at Lings and then on to the resort. We, too, pack a fold up cooler in our luggage. I carry a decent size purse mainly for traveling, small bag for evening and a fanny pack for gambling. We always allow the full 3 hours at the airport for our return flight...don't usually need it, but every once in a while, I'm really glad I planned for it.
    BTW, where are you staying?

We are staying at the HI and are currently at our gate in the airport!

Have a wonderful trip! Hope you will share a trip report with us.

Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi35 View Post
    We are staying at the HI and are currently at our gate in the airport!
    Have a blast! We are also coming in within a few days, stay at Playa Linda next door. I also wear layers as I hate being cold. Always change of clothes and swimsuits in carry on, just in case! Despite what some folks say, you will love Palm Beach. So much to do, or not. If you want to go out and about at night, everything is right there. And HI beach is great!

Okay, you should be about half-way there. We spend a week or so every year at HI. Please check in with us once you get settled

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Does my 'man purse' count....?

Why Not !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast