Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Acceptance of florins

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12

    Acceptance of florins

    This is probably a stupid question but as they say, there are no stupid questions only....lol

    With the new ATM withdrawal restriction/limits on US dollars, is the florin widely accepted in lieu? I've read countless times that the US dollar is widely accepted, even if prices are noted in florins, US currency will be accepted but does this work in the reverse too? i.e. restaurants that list pricing in US, will they accept florins?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Yup..... to the florians at restaurants. I think the limit for ATMs has been increased.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    Thanks cpjones

    Do you happen to know what the new ATM limits are set at now?

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokonuts View Post
    Thanks cpjones

    Do you happen to know what the new ATM limits are set at now?
    Think I saw a post here yesterday.... can't find it now... senior moment. I recall, I think, 400.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Think I saw a post here yesterday.... can't find it now... senior moment. I recall, I think, 400.
    Brilliant, thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    I would expect AFl to be accepted everywhere on the island. It's their currency.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,084
    RBC presently has a Afl1000/day withdrawal limit

  8. #8
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    From Rona:
    The Central Bank convened with the Commercial banks yesterday, in the presence of MinLab, representing MinFin, and agreed to extend the cap on ATMs withdrawals to $400 or $500, how much exactly is to be advised in the coming few days.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I would expect AFl to be accepted everywhere on the island. It's their currency.
    I had assumed that as true but didn't want to be caught surprised in an awkward situation if there was some sort of unspoken rule where US$ posted, only US$ accepted. Silly? Maybe, but better to make like a boy scout & always be prepared.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    RBC presently has a Afl1000/day withdrawal limit
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    From Rona:
    The Central Bank convened with the Commercial banks yesterday, in the presence of MinLab, representing MinFin, and agreed to extend the cap on ATMs withdrawals to $400 or $500, how much exactly is to be advised in the coming few days.
    Thanks Aquaman & Liz - very helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO