Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advantage Card

Smile Advantage Card

Andrea,
    In a former posting yu mentioned something about the Aruba Advantage Card...I went to sign up for one, not realizing there was a fee attached. Is it worth the fee to get the card ?? If I join now, the card is only good until the end of December, however, I will not be going until Novemer 9th, so I guess it's a wash. If I like the card I can resign up in January..may be going again in the spring so it would come in handy again....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    www.visitaruba.com
    i have always found the card well worth the fee.
    go to the advantage card site and read what the perks include.

we frequent some of the restaurants that are on the program.
    (heck the Pam Pam cocktail is free with the card and $6 without)

i cannot tell you whether or not it would work for you.
    we go to aruba usually 2x or more a year so we do get our fee back two or three fold. especially with the horseback and watersports discounts and the restaurant discounts.

also...........in the little switzerland bag that you get upon arrival, there are tons of coupons and discount notices in that bag.

maybe, that discount bag would be a fit for your needs?

sorry i could not be more helpful.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Andrea,
    In a former posting yu mentioned something about the Aruba Advantage Card...I went to sign up for one, not realizing there was a fee attached. Is it worth the fee to get the card ?? If I join now, the card is only good until the end of December, however, I will not be going until Novemer 9th, so I guess it's a wash. If I like the card I can resign up in January..may be going again in the spring so it would come in handy again....

Andrea,
    I will go to the website and see what I think. We would probably benefit from the restaurant discounts...up until a few weeks ago I would have said we would benefit from the watersports discounts....but I am not sure how daring I am going to be...I weenied out of the snuba dive last year......I was okay until I had to sign my life away...yes, I have asthma and yes I have high blood pressure, when it came time to actually dive I think I imagined not being able to breath and then my heart blowing up !!! Now with the ATV crash I am 0 for 2....not a good statistic..
    As for the L.S. packages upon arrival, I usuall never get them anymore...dumb I guess, I'll make a point this year and see what kind of deals I get.
    Thanks for the info....I'll let you know if the card came in handy or not....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Danadog56,

How much is this card fee ? Can you send me the site to view if its worth is for me also, i will be there in November also. Thanks
    Kathy

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Danadog56,

How much is this card fee ? Can you send me the site to view if its worth is for me also, i will be there in November also. Thanks
    Kathy
    The Vist Aruba Card is $15.95 which includes shipping.
    http://www.visitaruba.com/plus/select.html?

thanks Liz, What do you think ? Is it worth it ?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    thanks Liz, What do you think ? Is it worth it ?
    Kathy, I can't say if it would be good for you. I don't shop or do watersports. The agency where I rent a car is a member of the Visit Aruba card but I get the car cheaper when reserving online through their website. I would basicly use the card for restaurants. To be honest, I puchased the card 3x's and maybe used it twice at restaurants. That's my fault as I would keep forgetting to either bring the card with me or forgetting to show them the card at the restaurant. I do know that people do save enough to cover the cost of the card.

Kathy: What you have to do is go over the site and see what is offered at the places you will be visiting..
    The card cost 15.00 - so make sure your discounts are equal to or more then the card.
    After doing this the card will cost me more money since most of the places I wont be using.
    For you though-- you like wine at dinner. A lot of of places to eat offer that-- but not to the places you said you want to visit.
    so check carefully

Thanks Serene,
    Think I'll pass on this one, maybe when I visit again I'll get a better feel if this would be for me

Don't forget too, besides the "welcome bag" you will receive at the airport with discount coupons, there are other free discounts.
    FREE Aruba Coupon Websites

I detailed the discounts through the Nights publication in the above thread. Discounts there for example the Jolly Pirates are similar, if not the same to what you would receive for booking with them online.

http://www.arubadiscountcoupons.com/discounts.html?subject=Restaurants&sbid=5 There are some nice free goodies here, such as free dessert or free drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast