Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you guys!

Sadly we only have one week in Aruba this time, but surely better than nothing

woo hoo princess, enjoy your Aruba trip!!

Enjoy princess.From the way you sound,it seems like you need it(aruba) bad.Have a great time and take pics and be sure to post them up here when you get back.

Hi Princess:

Have an absolutely wonderful time on your vacation to Aruba.

As noted, there are so many things to do there that not being able to lay out in the Sun, is just a little nuisance.

We, and I probably speak for many, are rather envious of you being able to return after 14 months.

Hope all your medical problems are minor and they disappear soon.

Ed
    Last edited by Edronenburg; 03-22-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Of course, leaving out a letter in a word

Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    Fellow princess & the rest of you;

Finally the moment is here! Bags packed and ready to go
    Flying tomorrow morning to Amsterdam, spending the day and one night there, and first thing Monday we will be on our way to ARUBA aaaah, can't wait!!!
    YAHOOO Have a great time Princess

My trip report

Thanks for all your responses!

My week in Aruba was the busiest ever, with so many people to catch up with and lots of new places to see in such a short time.

The first days we (husband and I) stayed in the home of good friends living in Palm Beach. It was lovely and relaxing, a great start of our vacation. One morning we needed a taxi, so our friends offered to call the best person for that, and guess who showed up!!? Bully small world!

The last part of our trip we stayed in the Radisson. LOVE that hotel! They always treat us like family members! In my opinion it is the best location on the island, and conveniently close to my favorite things to do.

Because I had to stay out of the sun, we spent most of our time visiting friends and checking out new places. Had a late lunch in "De Suikertuin" downtown one day, and that meal was to die for! DH had the teryaki chicken, I had the sweet & sour tilapia fish. Delicious, and very reasonably priced. We were sitting outside in the back garden, and it felt like finding an oasis in Sahara, since the restaurant is located on the busy Wilhelmina Straat.

On the O family's recommendation from this forum we also went to CILO's for lunch during the week. Great food! Nice sitting outside watching life in the marina

We had pizza at Linda's after reading good things about it here. It was tasty, but.. still prefer Casa Tua!

For night life we loved the 080 Cafe in Noord close to where the police station used to be. The drinks are cheap compared to the beach area, and they serve typical Dutch food/snacks. This is a place where you will find a nice mixture of tourists and locals, and they have some of the best bartenders in Aruba! Fun

If you are into singing, there is a karaoke bar called The Pipe next to Cafe Rembrandt in South Beach Centre. Very popular place these days!

Almost every day we watched the sunset from Bugaloe Beach Bar. In my opinion nothing beats the view from that pier (DePalm)!! I have been going there since the bar was called Kokoa, which was tons of fun Bugaloe is slightly different, but nonetheless, a great place to start your day, go for happy hour, or end your evening (or all 3 in 1 day, which is not unusual for me ) Live music several nights a week, great bands! Had quite a few meals there also, food is good and inexpensive. Two sailboats were anchoring just off the pier, turned out all the crew members were fellow Norwegians adventuring the Seven Seas.. awesome!! I will never complain about flying time again; took the sailors 4 months to get there, including 25 days in open water crossing the Atlantic Ocean

Walked over to Divi Phoenix our last day and found Pure Beach restaurant. Wish we had gone there sooner! Beautiful setting, great food, swim-up bar in one end.. First time I have had my beloved Brown Lady served with a perfectly shaped chocolate sauce heart on top! Recommended!

You guys were right; staying out of the sun is not hard when there is so much else to do. Rob O, going "against all odds" is truly healing, makes you appreciate everything even more!

Our vacation ended on a happy note, got upgrades on the flight back!
    Snow was finally gone when we returned home Life is good!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-01-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the live music in Bugaloe I COPIED THIS and sent it to the My Aruba Story

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    Just have to share this with you guys;

Booked a trip to Aruba today

I have been a very frequent traveler to the island, except for the past 14 months, due to medical issues.

Not supposed to be in the sun, but hey, what are palapas for?

Cannot wait to walk in the sand again in 3 weeks.. feel the breeze.. put my soul to rest.. most needed vacation EVER!!

The sun has a way of healing all ! Glad you enjjoyed yourself.

Princess Im so happy you had a great time. If you have any pics we would love to see them I will be enjoying my brown lady in about 4 weeks Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    The sun has a way of healing all ! Glad you enjjoyed yourself.
    You are absolutely right

Dividiviprincess,
    I have tons of pictures, will share when I figure out how to post them

Sun or shade; it is just wonderful to be able to rest and enjoy all that Aruba has to offer.

Ed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast