Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Alhambra Casino/Marketplace/Bazaar update?

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    I've had friends play poker at the Holiday Inn and they were not happy. It seems that a lot of the players are locals, and they have other friends standing behind them, watching the game. As most of the players are tourists, and don't speak Papiamento, there seemed to be a lot of communication in that language going on among the kibitzers. I don't know that I would want to be involved in a game where information on players' hands can be passed back and forth without my knowing it.

  2. #32
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,893
    Alhambra update.

    from the outside it looks as if they have made huge strides in construction.

    inside...........the whole area in the front, near the advantage club desk is all now uundergoing a facelift and is empty. the new room off to the right is packed with machines and people.
    the area down near the cashier cages still has yet to be done.
    it is a work in progress.

  3. #33
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    Andrea, Is Dunkin Donuts back open yet?

  4. #34
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,893
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Andrea, Is Dunkin Donuts back open yet?
    that would be a big negative Hatteras

  5. #35
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks, Andrea. I figured that was too much to hope for.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20
    Oh no...no DD? My in-laws will be absoltuely devastated. We'll be there in 5 days (man...hold on five more days.....) and that is their morning routine. They often take my three year old for a donut (that we TOTALLY don't know about...) a couple days during our stay. Are none of the shops open?

  7. #37
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,893
    NONE.
    not even standing.........all have been razed and new construction is ongoing.

    there is a dd in the pool courtyard of the tropicana resort out behind the lacabana.
    they open early.....6 or 7 am.

    Quote Originally Posted by smokelaw1 View Post
    Oh no...no DD? My in-laws will be absoltuely devastated. We'll be there in 5 days (man...hold on five more days.....) and that is their morning routine. They often take my three year old for a donut (that we TOTALLY don't know about...) a couple days during our stay. Are none of the shops open?

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    NONE.
    not even standing.........all have been razed and new construction is ongoing.

    there is a dd in the pool courtyard of the tropicana resort out behind the lacabana.
    they open early.....6 or 7 am.
    THANKS! Good to know, and I'll let my inlaws know. I make my own coffee inthe room, but it's nice to go get a big iced coffee in the middle of the day between cockails!
    I've been there at least once a year for 7 years and didn't know that there was another DD so close. We stay at Casa Del Mar. Looking forward to seeing the beach on saturday after it was all but wiped out last December....hopefully at least that's better!
    Now...to go back to focusing on work.....

    Edit...wait a minute, the Trop...that's further than I thought if I remember correctly. Oh well...I guess they'll have to find somewhere else for their coffee...
    Last edited by smokelaw1; 12-12-2011 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Posts
    231
    I was happy to see that the Alhambra is getting much needed renovations.

    We've patronized the place since it opened, although patronize my be a bit strong. We just found it a nice place to dump the day's change after dinner.

    There used to be a lovely deli there, (first place I ever had pastrami on rye) along with many other restaurants and shops. It was kind of sad to see the shops close and the Alhambra deteriorate. For the last two years, the smell of stale cigarette smoke had become so nauseating that we just stayed away.

    Does anyone know if eateries of any kind going to be part of the "new" Alhambra?

    Have a good one.


    Glenn

  10. #40
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,893
    glenn i do not know about any of the eating places at the "new and improved alhambra"

    all i know is that the upstairs is going to be a nightclub.and the downstairs is casino.
    maybe a 20% increase in gaming space downstairs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I was happy to see that the Alhambra is getting much needed renovations.

    We've patronized the place since it opened, although patronize my be a bit strong. We just found it a nice place to dump the day's change after dinner.

    There used to be a lovely deli there, (first place I ever had pastrami on rye) along with many other restaurants and shops. It was kind of sad to see the shops close and the Alhambra deteriorate. For the last two years, the smell of stale cigarette smoke had become so nauseating that we just stayed away.

    Does anyone know if eateries of any kind going to be part of the "new" Alhambra?

    Have a good one.


    Glenn

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO