Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Am I the Only One? (trip prep)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...F7TA5CPX&psc=1

we stored 2 pool noodles in the timeshare storage box.
    well, we gave up the box and now cannot fit our noodles in our rolling duffle bags

so we ordered these! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...F7TA5CPX&psc=1
    QUOTE=Traceyd14;323441]Well we are just over a month out and my Aruba obsession has kicked in to high gear. Am I the only one who finds themself compulsively shopping for their trip? Every day in looking for things that I just have to have for the trip...sundresses, insulated cups, a new bathing suit, and miscellaneous other gadgets or comforts. let's face it, I don't need any of this stuff but it happens to me every trip.
    [/QUOTE]

Well those are getting added to my cart for sure. I tried to order the blow up noodles once before and ordered these humongous ones that were no good to anybody

I must admit, I am getting better at NOT starting planning the day we get home from our last trip !! LOL....
    But, when I start bringing things home from the grocery store, coffee for instance, and Dh says should I put this with the other can and I say no,,,,,its for Aruba he just rolls his eyes and says something like....o no your starting that sh*& again !!!
    I just smile and remind him of what the cost is in Aruba and he closes his mouth....
    So I have 2 suitcases open on spare bedroom bed, a butler's table filled to the brim in my office, clothes at foot of bed on my mom's old hope chest and I keep finding things I have to have. Next thing you know I am going to have to ask our friends that are flying southwest if they will take an extra suitcase for me !!!
    You would think I would learn after 20+ years, but NOPE,not me !!!! LOL....23 days and counting, better hurry or I will need 2 more bags !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I've been slowly stashing things in our spare bedroom for the trip and Jon never goes in there so I don't think he realizes it yet. He has noticed the increased Amazon deliveries, though.

Aruba since 1979
    our houseguests just left (son/wife and the kids) so now we can get a bit organized.

our 3rd bedroom also my card making/craft room now have the 2 rolling duffles and a rolling pilot case, all set.

tracy...the funny thing about the amazon deliveries.. my neighbor mentioned that the ups and fedex truck had not been to our house in a week.
    i told him that i was preoccupied with the kids, but not to worry. things have been ordered and that old (start humming the song) "wells fargo wagon will be comin'"
    i started singing the song for him and he looked at me with mild disgust.

We will have different sets of guests the 2 weekends prior to our trip but I will just keep the 3rd bedroom door closed
    It's going to be a hectic few weeks but I'm sure it will help pass the time. I will be off work a couple days before we leave so I really don't need to be in a hurry.

We just gather small items that we can leave in our condo now for subsequent trips. Our goal is to someday just travel with one personal item bag each. We're getting close to that now, so maybe next trip. Finally the end of running around for last minute items and traveling with less stuff. Yippee...!
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We are going for a week in Dec for our anniversary and then for 11-12 weeks in Jan. Our ping pong table has two duffles filled with stuff for the condo and there is more. After Thanksgiving, when everyone goes home, it'll all be moved upstairs to the living room and repacked. I've been working to lose some weight and ordered several pairs of two different sized capris, shorts and bathing suit bottoms on clearance in hopes of getting into them by Jan. because I am afraid not to find anything left by then. However, I haven't even thought about packing for the 11 days driving trip we are taking next week.

Andrea, the noodles came and Jon wants to know of the hold you up as good as the Styrofoam ones do? he doesn't think they look that sturdy. I said just use two!

Aruba since 1979
    I haven’t been to the pool in 2 days rain!
    i will let u know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Andrea, the noodles came and Jon wants to know of the hold you up as good as the Styrofoam ones do? he doesn't think they look that sturdy. I said just use two!

I guess I must admit I am a planner as well. I have 10 months to go and I just ordered a summer dress online yesterday. I am always picking things up so we will have all that is needed. I have a big Aruba box. I just wish I could find some descent airfare. I usually have made my reservation by now but fares are still too high. I order a lot from ebay and Amazon as well. Thinking of Aruba and what we need makes for a "happy day".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast