Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Amsterdam Manor beach bar

Tom & Karen mentioned this a couple times in their postings. Does this take place every Monday at 5:00pm there? What goes on, just walk in and give a shout out to the forum? How far is that from downtown Oranjestad(Rennaisance)?

Yes, there is a standing Aruba bulletin board party every Monday at 5pm at Amsterdam Manor's beach bar. Sometimes alot of people show up and sometimes it might just be a couple of people. It's more of a meet and greet - have a few drinks, meet a few people, talk about Aruba, etc. (very casual).

Drinks are 2 for 1 from 5pm-6pm.

It's about a 10 minute taxi or bus ride from downtown.

Amsterdam Manor's Beach Bar:

~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Also the BB group usually are at the side of the beach bar at tables. Just ask if they are from the Bulletin Board.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Juding by that picture I am not sure if I want to go. Bar on the beach, white sand, sun, blue water, palm trees, a nice cold Amstel Bright. Wow! I wanna go now! We will try making it 10/20/08 as long as my parents are willing to babysit for a couple of hours.

I cant wait for the bb party on the 22nd. I went to the Amsterdam Manor website and found a really nice little map so I know my way around.

My plan right now is to do a t-shirt with an iron-on transfer.....With MY hotel and date....and date of BB party, with the various boards I visit. If this works out you wont have any problem identifying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    I cant wait for the bb party on the 22nd. I went to the Amsterdam Manor website and found a really nice little map so I know my way around.

My plan right now is to do a t-shirt with an iron-on transfer.....With MY hotel and date....and date of BB party, with the various boards I visit. If this works out you wont have any problem identifying me.
    Good luck. I wish I had that kind of time to work on something like that. With 2 youngsters and my honey-due list it's hard enough to find to go out fishing once in a while.

Aruba since 1979
    there should be some "code" that all bulletin board members can use for easy identification at the parties.

how 'bout wearing ball caps or sun visors backwards?

or carrying a rose and a book?

we have met some fine people at the bulletin board gatherings.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Good luck. I wish I had that kind of time to work on something like that. With 2 youngsters and my honey-due list it's hard enough to find to go out fishing once in a while.

I'm easy to spot...I'll be burnt to a crisp, staggering around with a bottle of rum in my hands. only kidding, those were my college days. I agree with some sort of code but then again I am not shyest person you will meet. I have no problem walking in and making an announcement.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach
    Hi, We'll be vacationing at the Renaissance from October 17th-31st. Look for Buffalo Bills or Sabres attire, that will be us! Happy to share some tips on how to stay back to back in the same unit! We are doing it this year! wnysnow@aol.com
    Snow***

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    there should be some "code" that all bulletin board members can use for easy identification at the parties.

how 'bout wearing ball caps or sun visors backwards?

or carrying a rose and a book?

we have met some fine people at the bulletin board gatherings.
    andrea
    Andrea: I would say just look people that are contented and relaxed with a drink sitting at a table beside the Bar.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast