Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Amusement Park Rides (Coney Island)

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Nice video Stephen, thanks! It looks like a fun spot for locals, I hope it can make money. As for us, we wouldn't be interested in something like this while we were there.
    I'm with Walt. I love Aruba but not too confident in their inspection abilities.

Thanks for the video! Looks so odd to me. Not something I would expect to see on the island, and not something I personally would seek out. My kids on the other hand would be freaking out to stop there when they were younger.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    wonder if the have funnel cakes?
    if so, i am there!!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'm with Walt. I love Aruba but not too confident in their inspection abilities.
    I wonder if they know what they are even inspecting-what to look for or how often they inspect.

When my kids were little-maybe 15 years ago, we were in Ocean City, NJ for the evening with friends and our kids were on the rides. As we watched my youngest and her oldest on one of the rides, we both thought it "sounded funny" like the cars where not catching properly to the system that pulled them. We both refused to let them go on a second time. That was a Wednesday night. On Friday, one of the cars came off, killing the occupants. The ride had been inspected and passed earlier in the summer. Moms' guts are better than any inspection.

To be fair, the inspections would be one of the best in the region considering our close ties with the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    To be fair, the inspections would be one of the best in the region considering our close ties with the Netherlands.
    I was told by a local that the inspection was a "fail" on Bonaire. No way to verify though.

I was told by a local that the inspection was a "fail" on Bonaire. No way to verify though.
    Yes, one ride failed inspection on Bonaire because of a faulty component. This was repaired in the meantime and passed inspection this time around. It was all in the press briefing. But people heard the incomplete rumors on the radio before the press conference and conveniently left that part out making it seem like the whole coney island failed inspection on Bonaire.

So... just heard from The Neighbour... there was an accident and the park is closed for two days. Don't have a lot of details yet.

Oh no
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.noticiacla.com/news/11897

i do not have the translation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast