Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Angelo Limon's most recent e-newsletter

Aruba since 1979

Angelo Limon's most recent e-newsletter

with a special section re: paid parking

and.... Angelo also has connections with an aruba car rental. a friend rented thru Angelo and was very HAPPY.

http://www.vacationsbyaruba.com/news...s-about-aruba/

Rumors about No More Paid Parking
    Thereís been rumors that paid parking will be eliminated and the main street will be re-opened to the traffic.
    Well, the rumors are kind of true, not completely.
    Truth is that the new minister of transportation wants to eliminate paid parking and open back traffic for the main street.
    The decision hasnít been made yet officially, but itís just an idea of what the minister wants to implement in the near future.
    Before any official announcement are made, the minister needs to negotiate with Aruparking, the company in charge of paid parking if the parking meters can be completely removed.
    As far as opening the main street for traffic, the minister has to negotiate with Arutram (owners of the electric tram in the downtown area) to find out what is really possible.
    He also wants to extend store opening hours after 6 pm, for cruise passengers, but the schedule depends when thereís ships docked.
    Thereís no official news as of yet, so lets wait and see what solutions they will come up with after their negotiations. I covered the rules about paid parking in Aruba in a recent article.

Lot’s of interesting topics this week...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Likely not the most popular opinion, but, I think it would be quite a shame to have spent all that money on installing the parking meters only to now remove them!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Wow... the government ministers in Aruba waste money just like, well, everyone else...
    Why, after all the work they have done on the main street and the tram, would they even consider opening that street to traffic?

Yes, a rhetorical question.

What do some people think? I gotta wonder.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    my impression re: main st, the trolley and the street being open only to pedestrians and trolley- is that merchants are UNhappy. when the street was closed for construction and installation of tracks they lost tons of business. from what i have been told, the merchants never recovered.

makes me think of a huge roundabout at the end of rte 60 (gulf blvd) in clearwater beach. the mayor and the citizens pushed for better traffic flow. they paid millions for a study and then the roundabout project. they took land by eminent domain. it was at huge MILLIONS financial cost. the roundabout was built. it was huge, with a fountain and a huge distration for drivers. folks were crashing. it was a nightmare.

the mayor, was ousted eventually. the roundabout was demolished and a smaller one with no fountain was reconfigured. all is now well and traffic is better and there are no crashes due to fountain distractions. many millions of $ wasted.

sometimes, money is spent thinking it is the right way to spend and thinking it is for the good/benefit of all.
    however, maybe the parking meters, the trolley and the road closure benefits do not outweigh the pitfalls.
    what do i know though, i am not a resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Wow... the government ministers in Aruba waste money just like, well, everyone else...
    Why, after all the work they have done on the main street and the tram, would they even consider opening that street to traffic?

Yes, a rhetorical question.

What do some people think? I gotta wonder.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Andrea, there were so many storefronts on main street that were empty. It was a sin. The woman at this one store said it started with the parking meters cause we asked what happened