Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Anniversary celebration ideas

Anniversary celebration ideas

I'm trying to think of a little something to surprise my husband for our anniversary in a few weeks. We will do the obvious special dinner out, but I'm looking for that little something extra. Any ideas or examples of things you've done to surprise someone in Aruba?

He has a sweet tooth so I was thinking about a cake or other treat for him to wake up to. Another idea I had was to schedule skydiving or maybe a massage.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-04-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Ruled out Renn Island spa.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

And could I be more opposite ends of the spectrum..withe skydiving or a massage...hahaha.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    First the skydiving! Then the massage!

CK1
    I think I would carefully "interview" him what he really wants, what always his dream was, if it's skydiving or snorkeling or going sailing or whatever.

Maybe see if Bully has availability for an island tour with a visit to a great snorkel spot and then a few stops for drinks or lunch.

You know Tracey, maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I think Jon's surprise should include you. After all, you are half the reason he gets to have an anniversary in the first place. I think if it were me, I would enjoy a couples massage, in the morning of course, with plenty of mimosas and sweets from a local place like Huchada at Certified. I think there is a spa at PL, maybe Spa del Sol. It would still be a surprise for him, but you get in on the fun too. Besides, he can jump out of a plane any old time...

CK1
    Talking about something sweet, to cuddle with, something which makes him happy, smile, something which will bring so much joy, happiness and gives lots of kisses and unconditional love ~ No, I'm not talking about a girlfriend! haha ~ I'm talking about a puppy or kitten from Aruba!! Which you both could enjoy for many years to come and have something precious from Aruba with you all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Talking about something sweet, to cuddle with, something which makes him happy, smile, something which will bring so much joy, happiness and gives lots of kisses and unconditional love ~ No, I'm not talking about a girlfriend! haha ~ I'm talking about a puppy or kitten from Aruba!! Which you both could enjoy for many years to come and have something precious from Aruba with you all the time!
    Allergies and an on the go lifestyle do not make us suitable pet owners, but that is a great suggestion for someone who is in a different situation.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-04-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You know Tracey, maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I think Jon's surprise should include you. After all, you are half the reason he gets to have an anniversary in the first place. I think if it were me, I would enjoy a couples massage, in the morning of course, with plenty of mimosas and sweets from a local place like Huchada at Certified. I think there is a spa at PL, maybe Spa del Sol. It would still be a surprise for him, but you get in on the fun too. Besides, he can jump out of a plane any old time...
    Great thoughts, Walt. My first thought was giving him something he wants but hasn't done for himself yet because he always goes along with my plans . Too bad there is a 0% chance I would ever sky dive with him. Logistically skydiving doesn't make a lot of sense to schedule without his input either. Soo back to the drawing board.
    I was looking at the Manchebo Spa, but Im not sure massages is the way to go for us either.

I may email the concierge about setting up a surprise cake or champagne in the room ahead if time.

Maybe a nice nice dinner is enough and I am over thinking.

Aruba since 1979
    how about a photo shoot?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast